Terayon's Digital Domain
- Digital TV Europe. Aird, Brian // TVB Europe;Apr98, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on the digital television (TV) industry in Europe. Estimated amount to be spent in building consumer base for subscribed digital television; Impact of the planned digital channels on United Kingdom (UK) viewers; Information on the Digital Video Broadcasting formed by European Launching...
- Coordinate This! Adrianson, Alex // Consumers' Research Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p43
Comments on the coordination problem in the utilization of digital television in the U.S. Discussion of the process of digital transmission of signals; Impact on the use digital video disc; Fees and rates imposed by digital television operators to consumers.
- A question of choice. Waters, George // TVB Europe;Dec98, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p36
Comments on the choices made available through digital television. Choices offered by tiered services; Methods by which digital services will be delivered; Information on the 8VSB standard, which is based on a single carrier technique adapted in North America; Details on the DVB-T standard that...
- Terayon picks on Europe. Garcia, Kristine // TVB Europe;Mar2001, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p90
Discusses the plan of the companyTerayon Communication Systems to launch CherryPicker, a product which enables digital cable operators to create custom channel line-ups in Europe. Impact of the transition from analogue to digital television on the demand for digital management systems;...
- THE SHIFTING IPTV LANDSCAPE. Wilson, Carol // Telephony;10/9/2006 Supplement, Vol. 247, p3
The author focuses on the significance of Internet video viewing and the switching of Internet protocol television (IPTV) landscape in the U.S. Internet has altered the business framework of sales by making a wide distribution of its framework for products that do not look appealing to the...
- The many facets of DVD. Pensinger, Glen // TVB Europe;Sep98, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p26
Looks into the impact of the digital video disc (DVD) format on television broadcasting. Benefits of advances in consumer storage media for the television industry; Types of DVD storage devices; Problems associated with the wide variation in style and format of DVD.
- the DANGLING conversation. Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p6
Discusses the need to be aware of digital entertainment technologies if a person wants to keep pace with their development. List of the digital technologies available in the market; Importance of having a knowledge of the technology; Prediction on the emergence of home entertainment.
- The next great gadget. Krantz, Michael; Granatstein, Lisa // Time;1/20/1997, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p66
Reports the debut of the digital video disc (DVD) at the 1996 Consumer Electronics Show in the United States. The benefits of DVD, along with digital television; When models of DVD players should reach the market; The questions regarding the availability of products, such as movie recordings;...
- Harris broadcasts DTV & DVB. // TVB Europe;Sep97, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p92
Reports on Harris' demonstration of the United States digital television (DTV) and European digital video broadcast (DVB) standards on separate transmitters at Montreux, Switzerland.