Cable's Data-Add Lead Could Fade Fast
- BELLSOUTH FORTIFIES PORTFOLIO WITH 6TH WHOLESALE DSL OFFERING. // RBOC Update;Jul2000, p3
Announces the sixth wholesale Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) offering for network service providers by BellSouth, a communications services company in the United States. Advantages of DSL over conventional telephone lines; Market of the service to network service providers in 31 major markets;...
- Bourkoff Sees DSL on the Rise. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;7/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p22
Deals with the plan of the cable industry to target non-video homes with high-speed data and phone services and use voice-over-Internet protocol offerings to stem the erosion on the high-speed data side of the business. Information on the projection provided by Aryeh Bourkoff of UBS Securities...
- BELLSOUTH EXCEEDS DSL SUBSCRIBER 2000 FORECASTS. // RBOC Update;Feb2001, p4
Reports that BellSouth Corp. has exceeded its projections of reaching 200,000 digital subscriber line (DSL) subscribers in the year 2000. Launch of a rollout plan designed to tripe subscriber numbers by 2001; How customers benefited from an enhanced Web interface; Improvements in BellSouth's...
- BELLSOUTH ADDS 97,000 DSL CUSTOMERS IN FOURTH QUARTER. // RBOC Update;Mar2003, pN.PAG
Reports on the addition of the digital subscriber line (DSL) customer base of BellSouth Corp. during the fourth quarter of 2002. Total customers of BellSouth in 2002; Factors to which BellSouth's DSL growth can be attributed; Achievement of the company in 2002.
- BELLSOUTH TO ROLL OUT REVAMPED BUSINESS DSL. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;5/6/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 18, p14
Focuses on the launch of the digital subscriber line (DSL) of BellSouth. Information on the services offered by the company; Competitors of DSL services; Forecast on the performance of DSL in the market.
- SLICK AND QUICK. Garr, Robin // Louisville Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p40
Recounts the author's experience with using BellSouth's basic asynchronous digital subscriber line (ADSL) service.
- BELLSOUTH EQUIPS N. CAROLINA CENTRAL OFFICES W/DSL TECHNOLOGY. // RBOC Update;May2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) technology supplied by BellSouth to North Carolina central offices. Investment of BellSouth in DSL technology; Benefits of the service; Other services offered by BellSouth.
- BellSouth expands its DSL portfolio. Lindstrom, Annie // America's Network;Aug99, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p8
Reports that BellSouth Corp. has filed a federal tariff to offer five more digital subscriber line service. List of BellSouth's offerings; Cost of installation for the services.
- Fast Facts. // Inter@ctive Week;08/16/99, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p41
Presents news briefs on the telecommunication industry as of August 1999. Plans of BellSouth company to lower its digital subscriber line (DSL) prices; Decision of Bell Atlantic New York to open its operations systems to competitors; Installation of the OPTera optical networking system of...