ABC Family's Holiday Package
- Nick Helps Drive Comcast Kiosk Traffic. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p30
Reports on a marketing agreement between Comcast Corp.'s online communications division and the Nickelodeon cable television network. Use of Nickelodeon's SpongeBobSquarePants to draw families to mall-based kiosks that promote the Comcast@Home high-speed data service; Larger joint promotional...
- Golf Channel Swings for Viewers. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;07/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p88
Reports the launching of the affiliate promotional campaign of The Golf Channel on an online sweepstakes in the United States. Prizes at stake in the campaign; List of celebrities participating in a tour to support the sweepstakes; Role of the affiliates in attracting advertisers as local...
- 'Plan' Kicks Up PPV Sales. // Multichannel News;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p16A
Cable television network ESPN has attained second place in the CTAM 2003 Digital Case Study Competition for its advertising campaign "2002 ESPN Game Plan." Aided by a marketing plan that included a national sweepstakes and CSR incentives, ESPN generated a 111 percent increase in its college...
- Comcast Takes to the Streets--And Bostonians Aren't Thrilled. // Promotional Marketing;8/28/2014, p2
The article reports the move by the firm Comcast as of August 2014 to promote in the streets of Boston, Massachusetts in a bid to attract new cable and Internet subscribers, particularly the students in the city.
- Giving the cable industry something to gush about. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;2/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p36
Profiles Comcast Corp., a cable television company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Segments of the telecommunication industry which Comcast is involved in; Comcast Metrophone as a cellular operator owned by the company; Business and management strategies used; Marketing; Joint ventures...
- Comcast's thePlatform reaches for cloud with Virtual TV Framework. // CED;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that Comcast Corp.'s thePlatform has launched its Virtual TV Framework, which allows cable service providers to replicate their 24-hour, live, linear programming and video on demand (VOD) television services via the cloud.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has announced the launch of its four minority-owned networks for its cable-television systems.
- C3 stepping out with a capital idea. Flint, Joe // Variety;03/17/97, Vol. 366 Issue 7, p25
Looks at developments concerning cable firm Comcast Corp.'s programming division Comcast Content and Communication (CCC) in the United States. CCC as majority owner of cable network E! Entertainment Television; Rich Frank as chairman of CCC; Structuring of CCC as a venture capital firm; Ability...
- Comcast faces service hassles in Detroit. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the problems being faced by Comcast Corp. in Detroit, Michigan. Service problems and possible financial penalties; Default on service standards on cable franchise.