- Dietrich docu to TCM, MGM. Diorio, Carl // Daily Variety;10/24/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 37, p3
Reports the acquisition of rights to broadcast the documentary 'Her Own Song' by Turner Classic Movies in the United States. Phases in the life of actress Marlene Dietrich focused in the film; Negotiations for video distribution rights and theater screenings; Schedule of television broadcast...
- We interrupt this broadcast. Baxter, Jim // Guide;Sep2009, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p8
The article focuses on the improvements made for the television coverage of LGBT issues in the U.S. Being cited was the date when CBS Corp. broadcasted on December 11, 1973. It notes that CBS News in 1967 was the first television network to produce and air a documentary about homosexuality.
- FOX DOUSING DOG. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;7/13/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the exposure of several anomalous practices of Fox Broadcasting Co. in the U.S. Accusations made by whistle-blowers on skewing news in favor of the administration of President George W. Bush; Reaction of Fox to the exposure; Release of the documentary "Outfoxed," by Robert Greenwald.
- On the Circuit:. // CableFAX Daily;5/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 96, p3
Reports on the special screening of the global warming documentary "An Inconvenient Truth," written by Weather Channel's climate expert Dr. Heidi Cullen, at the Regal Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia on May 15, 2006. List of political personalities who attended the special screening; Plan by Cullen...
- Television with a point of view. Aufderheide, Pat // Progressive;Jul90, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p36
Reviews the television documentary series `P.O.V.'; `Through the Wire,' by Nina Rosenblum; `Salesman,' by Albert and David Maysles; `Police Chiefs,' by Alan and Susan Raymond; More.
- Nonfiction genre seeing double. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p32
Focuses on the increasing number of documentary films on cable television in the United States. Reference to the cable television network, Cable News Networks film `The Cold War'; Comments from Bruce Liechtman, cable analyst for The Yankee Group company; Information on the Learning Channel's...
- OUT & ABOUT. // Electronic Media;4/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p38
Presents photographs of various events in the television industry in the U.S. Viewers of the screening of the documentary 'Fear No More: End Violence Against Women'; Participants in the show 'TruthQuest: California'; Recipient of the scholarship grant by WJPZ.
- A&E tries programming blender. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/21/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 28, p6
Focuses on the television programming of cable network A&E Network in the U.S. Combination of miniseries and motion pictures; List of documentary films; Emphasis on the work of science fiction and historical themes.
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;9/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p28
Presents newsbriefs related to television broadcasting in the U.S. as of September 23, 2002. Launch of a documentary series depicting the musical interests of young adults by the television channel MTV; Plan of channel Home Box Office to present a live musical concert featuring the band Rolling...