RUSH'S LIFE AS 'SELLERS' IS AN EMMY-WORTHY TURN
- Playing the Unplayable. Randle, Nancy // Back Stage;12/17/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 51, p14-A
This article reports that when actor Geoffrey Rush was first asked to play Peter Sellers in HBO's "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers," he immediately recognized the role as an inseparable blend of actor's banquet and actor's nightmare. The role presented a Herculean task by any actor's gauge....
- 'ZODIAC' NETS KILLER TRIO. Brodesser, Claude; McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;4/19/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 12, p1
Presents highlights of the story line of the U.S. film "Zodiac." Characterization of a cartoonist by Jake Gyllenhaal; Part of Mark Ruffalo as the lead investigator; Factors preventing the suspect from being apprehended.
- Talk on talk. // Daily Variety;May2005 Supp DVD Exclusive, Vol. 287, p22
The article presents an interview with motion picture actor Geoffrey Rush. Rush speaks about recording a commentary for the movie "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers" that will be released in DVD format on May 10, 2005. In the past he has recorded a commentary for the movie "Shine." Rush says...
- The Life And Death Of Peter Sellers (Film). Culpan, Adam // North & South;Nov2004, Issue 224, p110
Reviews the motion picture "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers," directed by Stephen Hopkins and starring Geoffrey Rush.
- Our War of the Roses. Roth, Philip // New Republic;11/11/57, Vol. 137 Issue 21, p22
The article focuses on the motion picture "Raintree County" from MGM. In the motion picture the traditional Civil War themes are present, but all is subsumed in the largest of American themes, the theme of success. The actor of "Raintree County" is Johnny Shawnessy is a young man of literary...
- The Dowager Empress of Chick Flicks Weighs In. Rapkin, Mickey // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Oct2005, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p276
Presents an interviews with actress Nora Ephron about male chick flick the feature father figures. Qualities that makes the film a male chick flick; Reason why the theme resonate; Current favorite films of Ephron.
- COMING ATTRACTION 21 GRAMS. Dunk, Tiffany; Kempshall, Pete // NW;11/10/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p85
Features the motion picture "21 Grams." Actors and actresses in the movie; Plot of the movie; Issues about the film.
- Maurice LUGUET. // 1895;hiver2012, Issue 68, p129
No abstract available.
- Salesmanship. Rafferty, Terrence // New Yorker;6/4/90, Vol. 66 Issue 16, p90
Features the motion picture "Cadillac Man," which is about salesmanship. Plot of the story; Actors and actresses featured in the motion picture; Comments on the performances of the actors and actresses; Strengths and weaknesses of the motion picture.