Startup USDTV Is Close to Finance Deal
- Running Out of Air. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/21/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 8, p6
Features two U.S. wireless-cable television executives: Jeff Smulyan of the Emmis Communications and Steve Lindsley of USDTV. Their effort to keep the local television business alive; Plan of USDTV to expand from its original three markets according to Lindsley; Similarities between Smulyan and...
- UTAH'S UNCABLE SURPRISE. Kerschbaumer, Ken; Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/12/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the launch of a mini wireless cable system, the U.S. Digital Television (USDTV), using the spare digital television capacity of local TV stations in Utah in 2004. Features of the DTV system; Initial cable lineup; Remarks from USDTV president Steve Lindsley on the initiative.
- 'Cable' for the Thrifty. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;3/22/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 12, p36
Reports on the expansion of USDTV on digital TV spectrum service in the U.S. Decision of the company not to compete with cable operators according to its CEO Steve Lindsley; Television channels added by the company for its spectrum service; Advantages of digital TV spectrum.
- USDTV Goes Belly Up. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/17/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 28, p38
Reports on the decision of USDTV to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection. Number of subscribers of USDTV cable networks; Value of equities provided by broadcasters to USDTV; Business recovery plan for USDTV.
- USDTV Finds Believers. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;8/2/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 31, p16
Reports on a service offered by USDTV that distributes cable channels over the air in the U.S. in 2004. Customer satisfaction rate garnered by the company, according to a survey; Importance of chipsets to television reception; Plan of USDTV to use the Microsoft Windows Media 9 technology.
- USDTV Launches In Dallas. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p38
Reports on the plan of broadcast wireless cable operator USDTV to expand its operations in Dallas, Texas in 2005. Intention of the network to relaunch its service in its existing markets; Investors that financially contributed to the company.
- USDTV closes; Moviebeam sold. // CED;Apr2007, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the business closure of USDTV and the relaunching of MovieBeam in the U.S. It is asserted that the USDTV close down is due to a major investor pull out because of a financial setback in another business. Although it did not mention the investor by name, yet NexGen Telecom...
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.