Charting a New Course in Marketing
- It's the Channels, Stupid. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);7/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p54
Focuses on the importance of television channels in selling digital television service. Information on Independent Film Channel's original programing for digital tier; Strategy of Charter Communications; Effect of programming on churn rate.
- Research:. // CableFAX Daily;4/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 69, p4
Reports on the results of a study on cable television services conducted by the Cable Telecommunications Association for Marketing in the U.S. Percentage of cable subscribers who are satisfied with the service; Number of adult gamers who have cable modem service at home.
- Specialization & Personalization of Pay TV Channel. Fanbin Zeng; Ruini Liu // Journal of Business Administration Research;Dec2012, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p80
As a specialized and even personalized television channel, Pay TV should provide more personal, professional, attractive and ample content to a carefully segmented market. This article attempts to carry out a discussion of the practice of the specialization and personalization of Pay TV Channel.
- New-Set Sales Key for HDTV. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p60
A new, highly detailed research study from the organization Leichtman Research Group shows how far high definition television (HDTV) has come in terms of consumer consciousness and how far it needs to go before it becomes a mass medium, in the U.S. In a survey of 1,250 homes where cable is...
- Charter chided In West Virginia. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p20
Reports that West Virginia's Public Service Commission has urged Charter Communications Inc. to work on problems that prompted the community of Lewisburg to file a complaint. Charter's decision to drop the American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) affiliate from Charleston, WCHS-TV; Order for Charter to...
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;3/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p32
Presents news briefs on the U.S. television broadcasting industry as of March 2004. Prizes of the De-Stress with Starz! sweepstakes marketing campaign of Starz! for three motion pictures; Sponsorship of Jaguar Cars North America and Land Rover North America Inc. on the "Mutual of Omaha Drive,...
- Cache Valley at risk of losing its television reception. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/17/99, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p11
Focuses on the legal dispute between Cache County, Utah and the owners of Mount Pisgah, where the county maintains a television relay station. County's failure to pay the monthly rent on the relay station; Threat of eviction facing the county's TV relay station; Ownership of parcels of Mount...
- GETTING DIGI WITH IT. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p1
Reports that Charter Communications Inc. had activated the first all-digital television network in the U.S. in Long Beach, California. Products of Harmonic Inc. used in the activation of the all-digital network; Description of the broadcasting system used in Long Beach; Equipment tested by...
- Charter goes its own way in St. Louis County. Corrigan, Don // St. Louis Journalism Review;Mar2000, Vol. 30 Issue 224, p8
Presents Charter Communications' stand on the battle over open access to cable in Saint Louis, Missouri. Charter's task of rewiring Saint Louis County via cable; Charter spokesman, Davis Niswonger's disclosure that the firm is depending on the decision on the issue of Saint Louis officials and...