TAKING ON WORLD AIDS
- PREVIEWS. // Television Week;10/11/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p1
Presents news briefs on television broadcasting in the U.S. as of October 11, 2004. Muppet to be introduced by Sesame Workshop to the Entertainment Summit-West in Los Angeles, California to raise awareness on AIDS in children; Summit for Emerging Entertainment held by the Producers Guild;...
- Antennas revisited: A look at developing trends. Markley, Don // World Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
Reports the use of panel antennas for television broadcasting in the United States. Installation of panel antennas at 150 kilowatts power; Application of panel antennas in multiple station standby systems; Reduction of the pattern distortion effects.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p23
Informs about rankings of top basic cable programs in United States from July 24-30, 1995 and pay cable programs from July 24-30, 1995. `Kindergarten Cop,' movie; `The Terminator,' movie; `O.J. Simpson Trial Coverage'; More.
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p17
Presents the ratings of television programs in the United States from July 31 to August 6, 1995.
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p19
Presents a list of top rated television programs in the United States for the week starting from July 24 to 30, 1995.
- Networks losing tiny viewers to cable. Gelman, Morrie // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p32
Reports on the competition between children's broadcast networks and cable television networks. Losses in viewership incurred by ABC, CBS and Fox; Audience strength shown by Nickelodeon; Programs scheduled by networks.
- Kids TV's delicate global balance. Johnson, Debra // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p41
Looks into the globalization activities, efforts at optimal balancing of United States and local programming by children's television networks. Cartoon Network; Nickelodeon; Fox Children's Network.
- Top ten television shows, June 12-18. // Christian Science Monitor;6/23/95, Vol. 87 Issue 146, p2
Ranks the top ten television shows in the United States of the week, June 12-18, 1995.
- Top 10 television shows, July 3-9. // Christian Science Monitor;7/14/95, Vol. 87 Issue 160, p2
Lists the top ten television shows broadcast in the United States btween July 3 and 9, 1995, as reported by the Associated Press.