Klein Wants to Energize CNN
- KCBS endures a ratings hangover. Littleton, Cynthia // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;05/09/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 49, p89
Reports that household ratings of the morning newscast of the Los Angeles, California television station KCBS declined on May 5, 2000. Low rating of portions of 'The Early Show' broadcast anchored by Bryant Gumbel; Similar ratings of the afternoon talk-news show 'Women to Women'; Possibility...
- Signs of Life At L.A.'s KCBS. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/6/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 23, p14
Reports on the performance of Viacom-owned TV station KCBS Los Angeles, California as of June 2005. Factor which led to the change in the ranking of TV station KABC in the weekday late news in households category; Significance of the TV program "Desperate Housewives," to the performance of...
- Cold but Heating Up. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;2/20/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the ratings performance of local broadcasters in Buffalo, New York. Ratings of television news programs; Revenue of the television market in 2004; Competition in the television programming among stations.
- WFTV's Dip Deepens. Murphy, Jeremy // MediaWeek;06/04/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p16
Reports the drop in the rating of late night broadcasting of news by WFTV, a television (TV) station in Orlando, Florida, in 2001. Comparison between the rating of the station with other TV stations in the area; Rating of the stations for primetime night broadcasting.
- NBC Widens Local Leads. Brown, Sandy // MediaWeek;12/2/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p5
Presents information on the viewership ratings of local news broadcasting of several television stations in the U.S. for the period ended November 2002. O&O WMAQ-TV; WNBC; WCBS.
- Rocky Road. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/21/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 25, p15
Presents an overview of the television ratings in Denver, Colorado as of June 2004. Decline in the audience share for the 10 p. m. news at the market's top three stations; Television market covered by television news station KUSA; Percentage of television households that subscribed to cable.
- WCBS edges WABC in 11 p.m. technicality. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;5/28/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 39, p18
Reports that WCBS-TV newscast has managed to claim a tie in the ratings with WABC-TV due to a technicality. Commercial very-high-frequency television station with the highest number of viewers in New York City; Rating of Fox's two owned television stations, WNYW and WWOR; Top-rating television...
- Toledo, Ohio. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;3/10/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the news' ratings of WTOL and WTVG television (TV) stations in Toledo, Ohio as of March 2003. List of shows offered by the TV stations; Challenged faced by WTOL that affected its ratings; TV revenue posted in 2001.
- What goes around, goes around again in TV news ratings. Haffield, David // Inside Tucson Business;8/30/2013, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p9
The article offers the author's insights on television (TV) news ratings for several TV stations in Tucson, Arizona. The author says that news ratings have begun in the 1960s when TV stations try to find ways to have an independent third-party viewership calculations. He mentions that TV...