- Prep association signs lucrative broadcast contract. // Marketing News;08/28/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p15
Reports that the Hawaii High School Athletic Association signed a television and Internet broadcast rights agreement with Hawaii Sports Network television station.
- DIRECTV IRKS SPORTS FANS WITH 'HD TAX.'. Hibberd, James // Television Week;5/30/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p1
Focuses on the protests of several subscribers in reaction to the plan of television network DirecTV to charge its National Football League Sunday Ticket viewers for its high definition programming. Complaints against the surcharge; Monthly fee charged by the television station; Key features...
- Comcast Eyeing Rainbow Sports Networks. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p75
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to acquire the sports networks of Cablevision Systems Corp. in the U.S. List of networks where Cablevision has stakes; Details of the stakes purchased by Comcast in Midwest Sports Channel and Home Team Sports; Remarks from Comcast president Steve Burke on...
- Hicks aims for hockey's stars. Brodesser, Claude // MediaWeek;02/09/98, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p16
Reveals the local marketing agreement between KXTX television station in Dallas, and Thomas Hicks, owner of Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League. Efforts of KXTX to deliver professional hockey telecasts; Issue on ad revenue; Reaction of buyers on the deal; Advantage of KXTX over its...
- TALKSPORT: AN EXPERT'S VIEW. Darby, Ian // Campaign;2/9/2001, Issue 6, p12
Features the talkSPORT station in Great Britain. Target audience of the station; Advertiser of the sport; Rate of weekly reach.
- This sporting life. Williams, Michael // Variety;11/27/95, Vol. 361 Issue 4, p78
Profiles TF1, France's leading television network, and its sports channel. Losses incurred from the sports channels; Reasons for the same; Comments of the sports director of TF1, Jean-Claude Dassier on the same; Related details.
- Power forwards meet low power. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;03/08/99, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p34
Reports that WBGR-TV brought Bangor, Maine, its first locally broadcast Boston Celtics basketball game after hooking up with the team's network, which was launched by Boston University-owned WABU-TV. Number of games that the station planned to broadcast; Other sports events to be broadcast by...
- Complexity of Eurosport. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Mar2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1
Provides information on the advances in the broadcasting of sports by European Eurosport (EE), a pan-European television network. Number of languages by which EE television is broadcast; Description of the sport events covered by the company; Types of high-technology equipment and gadgets...
- While MTV bags big-name events, private channels pull more viewers. Csonka, �gnes // Budapest Business Journal;2/4/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the television broadcasting of sports in Hungary. Experimentation of TV channels with the live, exclusive broadcasting of popular sports; Demand for live sports broadcasts; Competition of commercial stations and cable channels with the state-owned Hungarian Television Rt.