Austrian alternative at Liberty
- ARTIST VILLAGES NEAR PARIS. HARRISON PLESSE, RICHELLE // France Today;Apr/May2014, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p26
The article features villages near Paris, France including Barbizon, Oise, and Giverny that inspired impressionist artists such ash Vincent Van Gogh and Claude Monet, and Jean-FranÃ§ois Millet. Topics include the shop set up by these artists in French country villages boasting storybook...
- THE ART MARKET. Berman, Ann E. // Town & Country;Feb2002, Vol. 156 Issue 5261, p92
Focuses on the British Arts and Crafts movement in the United States.
- rÃ©volutions formelles. S. G. // Beaux Arts Magazine;aou2008, Issue 290, p84
The article discusses the history of occidental art including Byzantine art, Cubism, and Modern art.
- SAVETHEARTS! // Art Monthly;Oct2010, Issue 340, p19
The article focuses on the results of the Treasury's Spending Review in Great Britain as well as the launch of several campaigns to support the British arts.
- Worst impressions. Gill, A.A. // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/26/1995-1/2/1996, Vol. 116 Issue 6002, p74
Discusses how commercialism has turned great artists into decorators. Definition of the term impressionist; Political dimension to impressionism according to curator John House; Lack of opinions in impressionist pictures.
- The Sacred and Profane in Aboriginal Art. CLARK, GARY // Quadrant Magazine;Nov2014, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p64
The article reviews the exhibition of Western Desert art, "Tjukurrtjanu: The Art of the Western Desert," at the National Gallery of Victoria,
- Top Job in America. Smith, Linsey // Provincetown Arts;1999, Vol. 14, p75
Offers an insight about art and being an artist. Significance of being an artist; Types and styles of art in Provincetown, Massachusetts.
- Vorticism in London and Manchester. Chaney, Edward // British Art Journal;Spring/Summer2004, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p102
The article reviews the exhibition "Blasting the Future: Vorticism in Britain 1910-1920," at the Estorick Collection of Modern Italian Art in London, England from February 4 until April 18, and then at the Whitworth Art Gallery in Manchester, England from May 7 until July 25.
- Precisionism. Hubbard, Guy // Arts & Activities;Feb2002, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p29
Provides suggestion for students to develop a clear understanding of Precisionism art movement. Source of early ideas for the art; What Precisionism artists believe; Impact of precisionism on American audience.