- Major market gains status in just 2 years. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;05/14/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p22
Focuses on the Salao do Movel Brasil furniture exhibition in Brazil. Show organizers' plans of expanding coverage into Europe and North America; Comparison of the total number of attendees in the 2001 and 2000 event; Importance of the exhibition for the Brazilian furniture industry.
- Reflections on the Top 25 producers. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;05/14/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p27
Discusses trends within the United States furniture industry, as reflected in the ranking of the top furniture producers in the country. Question of what future consolidations will bring forth for the furniture industry; Intended purpose of holding the 2001 International Contemporary Furniture...
- San Fran mirrors economy . Evans, Gary; Gunin, Joan; Linville, Jeff; Perry, Dave; Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;7/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p2
Reports on the optimism of furniture exhibitors at the outcome of the 2001 summer market in San Francisco, California. Increase of orders for furniture with the stability of the economy; Attraction of the interest of consumers with showroom improvements; Promotion of the merchandise to increase...
- Imports drive San Fran wood auction. // Furniture/Today;7/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p20
Focuses on the increased interest for imported furniture at an exhibition in San Francisco, California. Dominance of the imported items from Powell, Ashley and Blackhawk; Designs of the furniture pieces; Price range of the products.
- Scots divided over change to show time. // Cabinet Maker;03/19/99, Issue 5130, p8
Reports that the annual Scottish Furniture Retail Agents exhibition was changed from January to March 1999. Possible implications of the change of date on the show's success; Bob Dymond as the show's organizer; Furniture companies represented in the show.
- CM trip to Interzum. // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p21
Discloses the plan of the Association of Suppliers to the Furniture Industry to take a group of exhibitors to Interzum in May 1999.
- Buyers warm slowly to SW Furniture Show. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;09/17/99, Issue 5155, p2
Reports the South West Furniture Show in Great Britain. Impact of temperature on the show; Response of the people to products offered by manufacturers; Impressions of manufacturers on the turnout of the exhibit.
- Singapore goes global. Danby, Sandra // Cabinet Maker;03/10/2000, Issue 5178, p4
Presents highlights of the International Furniture Fair Singapore and the 17th ASEAN Furniture Show in March 2000.
- Top drawer. // Cabinet Maker;04/07/2000, Issue 5182, p4
Reports that several furniture firms will display their products during the May 2000 Top Drawer exhibition.
- August is not January. // Cabinet Maker;08/11/2000, Issue 5200, p3
Reports on the holding of the BFM Summer Furniture Show in Birmingham, England from August 20 to 23, 2000.