Undercover in Stirling
- Luxury beds outlet. // Cabinet Maker;4/1/2005, Issue 5432, p6
Reports that DP Furniture Express has reopened its newly renovated store caused by flood in Carlisle. Features and amenities of the new building.
- Single port of call saves Â£2m for DPEE. // Cabinet Maker;7/23/2004, Issue 5398, p6
Reports on the opening of the distribution center of DP Furniture Express in Liverpool, England. Improvement in stock availability of the firm; Benefits of the center to the firm; Decrease in the distribution costs of the company.
- DP Furniture Express to carry on importing. // Cabinet Maker;3/4/2005, Issue 5428, p8
Comments on the issues on closure of the national distribution centers and end importing operations by DP Furniture Express company in Great Britain. Comments of John Hood, commercial director of the company on continuation of import process by the company;
- New business old values. Marshall, John // Cabinet Maker;5/27/2005 Supplement, p16
Focuses on Sunderland, England-based bed retailer DP Furniture Express. Background of the company; Number of employees; Key personnel; Retail state; Suppliers and brands; Annual spending on marketing; Factors contributing to the success of the company; Expansion programs; Plans of chief...
- Franchisees seek help. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;10/28/2005, Issue 5462, p3
Reports that the franchisees of DP Furniture Express are seeking legal advice for the proposed management buyout led by commercial director John Hood and Colin McQueen, Swansea franchisee in Great Britain. Dependence of the franchise business to the managed stores business; Examination of the...
- Decision time for franchisees. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/28/2005, Issue 5462, p9
Discusses the attempted management by objectives of DP Furniture Express. Aim of franchisees to gain control of the their businesses; Effort of the company to provide marketing budgets for franchisees; Amount paid to the head office for products purchased centrally.
- Credit card setback. // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p5
The article focuses on the failure of John Marshall, former chairman of DP Furniture Express, to secure a deal for a credit card provider. It is a great setback for Marshall. He wanted to reconstruct a furniture chain following the administration of DP Furniture Express. He expected to establish...
- DP franchisees set to debrand. // Cabinet Maker;2/9/2007, Issue 5524, p3
The article reports on the plan of DP Furniture Express (FX) franchisees to take over of their contracts after franchisor Cobco 808 rejected their offer. It states that Durham Pine FX signage and anything else associated with the firm will be removed by the end of February 2007. According to...
- Letters. // Cabinet Maker;1/7/2005, Issue 5420, p8
Presents letters to the editor focusing on furniture industry. Discussion of Courts' (Company) closure; Comment related to DP Furniture Express.