Converting to type
- Kitchen sales simmering. // Cabinet Maker;10/26/2001, Issue 5261, p2
Focuses on the market target of kitchen and kitchen furniture by year 2005 in Great Britain. Percentage growth in the kitchen market; Report on consumers buying kitchen furniture; List of kitchen manufacturer with high returns of investment.
- Direct approach to UK. // Cabinet Maker;5/31/2002, Issue 5289, p2
Reports the plan of Steen Furniture to target retailers in Great Britain. Inclusion of bedroom ranges and dining room ranges in the collection; Use of the Manchester Furniture Show and The BFM London Furniture Show as launch vehicle; Offer of exclusivity to multiple retailers.
- Brazilian manufacturers focus on U.S. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;9/24/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the United States as the target market of the furniture manufacturers in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Reasons in choosing the US market; Supports from Brazilian government for international trade; Search of outsource production from international markets.
- How to target the younger consumer. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;11/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p47
The author reflects on how furniture industry can attract younger consumers in the U.S. According to the author, the furniture business has walked away from the "Keep it simple, stupid" approach. She said that furniture firms must design the marketing for younger customer and it must cater to...
- Religious Denomination Preference As a Basis for Store Location. Thompson, Howard A.; Raine, Jesse E. // Journal of Retailing;Summer76, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p71
This article deals with a study which tested the claim of a store owner that religious affiliation was a useful basis for market segmentation in furniture sales. This was of particular concern as he stated that one of the prime reasons for locating a store in Tulsa, Oklahoma was the distribution...
- Bedding format takes it easy. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;7/21/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p26
Reports on the plan of furniture Mattress Warehouse to target market in Lexington, Kentucky. Sales performance of the company; Development of its customer service; Product innovations.
- Sixty is the new old. Edwards, Helen // Marketing (00253650);11/9/2011, p19
The article focuses on findings of the European Social Survey on consumer attitudes based on age. It indicates that the social survey discovers that in Great Britain, old age starts at 59, while youth ends at 35, but in Greece, youth does not end at 52, while old age does not start at 67. It...
- A giant in Turkey, Istikbal eyes America. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;10/2/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the plan of Istikbal, the largest manufacturer of furniture and mattresses in Turkey, to expand its performance in the U.S. market. Istikbal targets a larger assortment of its goods for the American retailers at the October 2006 High Point Market in North Carolina. The...
- Target marketing with logit regression. Morrison, Jeffrey S. // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Winter95/96, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on target marketing. Customer selection based on socio-demographic characteristics; Logit regression; Purchase probability; Process description.