Directors banned over report charge scam
- Strong arm tactics. Jankovic, Sasa // Printing World;11/11/2002, Vol. 280 Issue 6, p27
Reports on the controversies over the phone calls received by companies from Field Publishing or Berger & Co. threatening court action over goods not ordered in Great Britain. Tactics of the company over persuasive telephone conversation; Reaction of the companies victimized by Berger & Co.;...
- Boss fined Â£60,000 and banned from directorship. Millar, Michael // Personnel Today;11/23/2004, p4
The article reports that the head of a company, which conned human resource (HR) staff into buying unwanted products has been disqualified from acting as director for 13 years. Last year, a special report by the journal "Personnel Today" investigated activities of TGL Publishing, Field...
- Berger wind up. Jankovic, Sasa // Printing World;3/17/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 11, p6
Reports that Edinburgh, Scotland-based publishing company Berger & Co. PLC has been wound up by the High Court following an investigation by the British Department of Trade and Industry's Companies Investigation Branch. Department's allegation that the company derived income not from genuine...
- Berger & Co makes a fight of it. // Printing World;12/9/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 10, p4
Reports that Berger & Co. after sending out training manual and CD-roms, demands full payment with the legal sanctions has instructed debt recovery firm Debt Managers to send out debt collection letters to its creditors.
- Just one piece of 'good news' after another. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;7/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p8
Focuses on the fraud case faced by the executives of the WorldCom Inc. Effect of the issue on the accounting firm; Status of the company; Impact of the issue on the shareholders.
- Fraud on the rise. // NZ Business;Feb2010, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on an almost 20% rise in the number of business fraud committed by middle and senior management in New Zealand over the year to November 2009, based on the PricewaterhouseCoopers Global Economic Crime Survey.
- HR says 'good riddance' to director of scam firm. Millar, Michael // Personnel Today;6/21/2005, p4
The article reports that Ronald Alexander Porter was a director of the infamous Edinburgh telesales company, Berger & Co PLC, whose dubious practices were brought to the attention of the HR community. The company's cold-called businesses offering to send them reports giving advice and analysis...
- OFT looks into Berger practices. Grant, Alex // Printing World;10/21/2002, Vol. 280 Issue 3, p6
Reports that the British Office of Fair Trading is looking into the business practices of Berger & Co. of Edinburgh, Scotland. Claim of Multiple Press in Leighton, England, that an employee, Bob Buzzard, was offered a free report on 'Bullying in the Workplace,' and that after it arrived, Berger...
- ACCOUNTING. // Orange County Business Journal;8/11/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p72
The article announces two appointments of accounting executive in the U.S. including Cindy E. Gonzalez, was promoted to tax partner of Mendoza Berger & Co. PLC and Lance G. Adams, was named a partner at the Irvine Office of Windes & McClaughry Accountancy Corp.