Praise but no takers for Parker Knoll
- Share Update on 5 July. // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p7
Presents share update in the furniture industry as of July 5, 2004. Beales; Courts; DFS Furniture Co. PLC; GUS; Homestyle; House of Fraser PLC; John Lewis of Hungerford; Kingfisher; Laura Ashley; Marks & Spencer Group PLC; Merchant Retail Group; MFI Furniture; Airsprung Group; British Vita; Colefax.
- Difficult time at Airsprung. // Cabinet Maker;12/08/2000, Issue 5217, p2
Reports on the financial performance of Air Furniture Group in Great Britain in the six months to the end of September 2000. Plummeting of operating profits; Efforts to improve sales performance.
- A difficult decision? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;3/28/2003, Issue 5330, p1
Comments on various factors affecting the business performance of Airsprung Furniture in Great Britain. Pressure from imports; Trend towards cheaper pine products; Staff recruitment problems; Decline in consumer confidence.
- Airsprung puts itself up for sale. // Cabinet Maker;3/28/2003, Issue 5330, p3
Reports on the decision of beds and upholstery group Airsprung Furniture to put itself up for sale in Great Britain. Airsprung's share price; Reasons for closing.
- Strong performances in Airsprung bed sector. // Cabinet Maker;12/11/98, Issue 5118, p3
Focuses on the performance of Airsprung Group's bed operations for the six month period ended September 30, 1998. Elimination of all the problems associated with peaks and troughs; Decline in sales of upholstery operations.
- Airsprung sales are off target. // Cabinet Maker;2/13/2004, Issue 5375, p7
Reports that the beds and upholstery group Airsprung Furniture has warned that it has missed its targets and has lowered its forecast for 2004.
- DFS is gaining on last year's figures. // Cabinet Maker;12/08/2000, Issue 5217, p2
Reports on the financial performance of upholstery retailer DFS in Great Britain as of September 2000. Comparison with 1999 figures; Growth prospects for 2001.
- Turn off the telly. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;10/25/2002, Issue 5310, p1
Comments on the strong financial performance of British furniture manufacturer DFS Furniture PLC in 2002. High level of advertising by DFS; Efforts to upgrade DFS stores and designs.
- DFS posts record sales per sqft. // Cabinet Maker;10/25/2002, Issue 5310, p3
Reports on the sales performance of England-based furniture manufacturer DFS for the 53-week period ended August 2002. Sales per floorspace; Market share; Operating profits; Opening of three additional stores.