'Short term' strategy under fire
- Order-writing brisk in Tupelo. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;1/25/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p2
The article focuses on the significance of the order-writing marketing strategy to several furniture companies in Tupelo, Michigan.
- Image maker. Lea // Cabinet Maker;09/24/99, Issue 5156, p16
Focuses on the marketing strategies adopted by William Bartlett Fine Furniture in Great Britain. Change of company name; Alteration of furniture products; Company Web site; Plans regarding retail stocklists; Advertisement of furniture ranges; Preparation for the millennium.
- Be ready to get your fair share. // Furniture/Today;2/1/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p4
The article examines the issue concerning the challenges on the improving the condition of furniture business including credit availability, retailers, suppliers, and labor shortages.
- Sour Economy Is Over-Hyped Tech Stocks' Legacy. Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;Nov2002, Vol. 107 Issue 12, p9
Comments on the business difficulty encountered by Internet-based furniture-making companies in the U.S. Business model of several Internet-based companies; Factors contributing to the failure of dotcom companies; Strategy of using the Internet to improve the economy.
- RTA vendors expand menu of choices. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;10/14/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p244
Focuses on the marketing strategy of the furniture industry by offering wide choices of furnitures in High Point, North Carolina. Improvement of the ready-to-assemble furnitures; Enhancement of the home office furniture; Innovation of furniture on entertainment centers.
- QFMA, OFMA launch 'era of cooperation.' Knell, Michel J. // Furniture/Today;10/14/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p264
Focuses on the signing of a long-term agreement between the Quebec and Ontario furniture factory associations to work for a strategic development program. Benefit of the program and services offered by manufacturer; Need for skilled labor in the industry; Inclusion of planning stages.
- Views. Alexander, Jessica // Cabinet Maker;11/25/2005, Issue 5466, p9
The article criticizes the lack of participation of British exhibitors at the Brussels Furniture Fair in Belgium. The author believes that the overseas market is a potential target for British furniture manufacturers, however, they do not give proper attention to it. The reason, according to the...
- EXIT STRATEGIES. Shaw, John // NZ Business;Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p12
Presents exit strategies of business owner in New Zealand. Availability of the prospective buyer; Valuation of the product; Up-to-date financial accounts and records. INSETS: An exit is also an entrance;Exit options;Horror story;The happy story
- Promo bedroom makers enhance value, design to counter imports. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;9/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the strategic plans of the domestic manufacturers of promotional bedroom furniture in the U.S. Addition of value to mass-market product; Improvement of the services to compete in the market; Operations of the promotional suppliers; Impact of the increased prices on the manufacturers....