- POINT 6. // SGB;Dec2012, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p23
The article offers brief information on several products in the sporting goods industry including the Kid's Hiking socks, the Flyer ultralight crew, and the Podium for cyclists.
- Stand and Deliver. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the impact of new technologies, resort upgrades and creative customer service on the snow sports industry in the U.S. Efforts have been made by various vendors, retailers and industry leaders in order to outlive elitist image of snow sports. These group welcomes the masses...
- Active Fusion. Walzer, Emily // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p32
The article offers a look at the blending of sport and street style that leads to subtle, sophisticated designs. The newest styles comfortably cross over from one activity to another which sees the mixture of technology with trendiness. This fusion has been adopted in all aspects in the clothing...
- Get It At Your Local NBS Store. Johnson, Jennie // NBS Nation's Best Sports Fish & Hunt;Winter2005, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p14
This article features the newest sporting goods equipment available at NBS stores in the U.S. as of December 2005. Among the products featured in this article include the Ameristep Stackhouse Blind which is ideal for hunting from sitting or standing position and Scent-a-Way Plus Fresh Earth...
- Use of Composite in Sports Items--A Review. Tarafder, Nemailal; Pantu, Shri Gourab // Man-Made Textiles in India;Nov2004, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p422
This article review's the role of composites in sports. Nowadays, advanced materials are being used in designing sports equipment so as to meet the required characteristics.
- Marketers look to score with women's sports. Miller, Cyndee // Marketing News;08/04/97, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p1
This article focuses on the trend in marketing of sporting goods. After years of commercials starring a bunch of Mountain Dew dudes engaging in so-called extreme sports, the advertisement features the debut of the dudettes. In what the company says is one of its most popular advertisements this...
- Warm October Impacts Outdoor Product Sales. // NSGA Retail Focus;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p22
The article focuses on the impact of the warm-weather patterns in October on the retail sales of outdoor sports and recreation industry in the U.S. According to the Leisure Trends Group (LTG), the month's warmer temperature resulted to the increase of sales in running and paddlesports, along...
- It's Time for Evidence. Ingersoll, Christopher D. // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Jan-Mar2006, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p7
The article highlights the importance of evidence to show that athletic training devices and products in the U.S. meet any minimal standards. These products range from braces, splints, and other protective devices to creams, gels, and therapeutic modalities. However, many products, such as shin...
- GEARING UP FOR WINTER. // Newsweek;12/16/2002, Vol. 140 Issue 25, p75
Details sporting goods designed for winter. Nike's Sphere running gear; The Yaktrax Walker, which fits over shoes and boots to offer extra traction; The Twilight Tracer, a golf ball that glows in the dark; Panoptx Cyclone sunglasses.