One Step Beyond
- TRIPLE THREAT. Osborne, Jonathan Ashley // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/25/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 41, WWD MAGIC p40
Reports on trends in women's casual wear in the U.S. as of August 25, 2003. Effect of weather on seasonal sales; Product offerings from various vendors; Expansion of consumer services.
- go authentic. Merritt, Tom // Wearables Business;Fall2004, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p39
Features OOBE Gear, a sportswear supplier. Number of years the company has sold sportswear to outdoor specialty shops and other recreational lifestyle retailers; Objective of the company for designing sportswear specifically for women.
- Modern Living. Apodaca, Rose // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/26/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 17, Special Section p12
Focuses on the efforts of skate and surf companies to manufacture sport clothes for women consumers in California. Increase in the demand for sporting goods for women; Source of inspiration of Volcom Girls in designing board-sports apparel; Factor that contributed to the success of the Roxy...
- Activewear/bodywear. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/18/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 92, p28
Features the top ten consumer brand preferences in activewear and bodywear among women in the United States as cited by the `The Fairchild 100' survey. Teenagers and young adults as an important part of the activewear/bodywear market; Sales revenues of some of the activewear/bodywear...
- Sportswear. D'Innocenzio, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/18/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 92, p46
Features the top 10 consumer brand preferences in sportswear among women in the United States as cited by `The Fairchild 100' survey. Includes Dockers; Liz Clairborne; The Gap; Cherokee. INSET: Sportswear's new age, by A.D..
- With a Female Touch. Kimbrough, Tonia // Wearables;Oct2014, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p28
The article focuses on the role of women in driving trends in the sports apparel industry. Topics mentioned include a blog post of fashion and style website Refinery29 on the misconceptions regarding female sports fans, the need for football-inspired clothing for women, and efforts of the...
- Under Armour Taps Fremar For Exec Post. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/1/2012, Vol. 204 Issue 68, p3
The article discusses the sports clothing and accessories company Under Armour, with a focus on the appointment of Leanne Fremar as senior vice president and creative director for the women's clothing line. Topics include efforts by the sportswear brand to build its women's apparel business;...
- Activewear: Playing the field. Monget, Karyn // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/9/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 27, WWD Magic International p30
Presents an overview of the women's sports apparel industry in the United States. Dual-purpose activewear items as the top ideas for 1995; Demand for activewear-inspired items of fleece, thermals and jersey; Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association's study on sports apparel trends; Comments...
- It's tee time. D'Innocenzio, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/11/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 91, p4
Reports on the strong sales of golf apparel for women in the United States. Growing interest in golf among younger women; Projected growth of golf apparel market; Golf fashions being launched by designers; Major retailers involved in the golf apparel trend.