- Tricky Footing. Powell, Matt // SGB;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p6
The article looks at the athletic shoe business in the U.S. and examines how athletic shoe sales are slowing due to mixed trends in brands and categories. According to the article, the performance running shoe category is doing well, classics are in a free-fall, Heelys have made a strong...
- RUNNERS LOOK FOR MORE OPTIONS. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;2015 Pre-Show Issue, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p12
The article explores the varied preferences for running shoes among runners. Comments from footwear executives Claire Wood of New Balance Athletic Shoe on the different needs of runners for shoes, and Jim Van of Hoka One One on the growth of maximalism footwear as opposed to the previously...
- Track Your Miles, Save Your Body. // Flare (Pakistan);2/15/2013, p91
The article offers brief information on the running shoes.
- Now in Season. Leand, Judy // SGB;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p4
The article presents an overview of this issue of "Sporting Goods Business." Topics covered in this issue include an examination of the athletic footwear category, SportScan INFO research, the performance of the running shoe category, and the changing landscape of the licensed product industry....
- A Steady Stride. Powell, Matt // SGB;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p15
The article looks at the running shoe market. According to the article, the big driver of the athletic shoe business performance is the running shoe business. Women's running shoe business is keeping pace with the men's side. Nike continues to dominate the running shoe category, followed by New...
- Eco-friendly Footwear. Cheskin, Mel // Podiatry Management;Oct2008, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p115
The article discusses the efforts of the shoe industry to move towards environmentally-friendly footwear. Nike has created the Nike Environmental Action Team (NEAT), a small group of designers to study Nike's manufacturing operations and the long-term environmental and social impact of athletic...
- WINTER SHOE GUIDE. DOWNEY, SEAN; Greene, Warren; SHORTEN, MARTYN // Runner's World;Dec2011, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p85
The article compares several running shoes including, Adidas AG's Adistar Ride, Brooks Sports Inc.'s Pure Connect, and Mizuno Corp.'s Wave Inspire.
- STABILITY. // Runner's World;Dec2011, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p87
The article evaluates several running shoes, including Asics Gel-1170, Brooks Sports Inc.'s Adrenaline GTS, and Karhu Stable Fulcrum Ride.
- ATHLETIC BUZZ. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;7/26/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 29, p153
Presents updates on the athletic footwear industry in the U.S. as of July 26, 2004. Introduction of Etonic Custom Fit System running shoes from Etonic of Hillsborough, New Jersey; Debut of Complete Taranis shoe from Puma of Westford, Massachusetts; Collaboration of DC Shoe of Vista, California...