Leading the Pack
- Driving Forward. Maddocks, Todd D. // Entrepreneur;Mar2003, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p86
Relates the experience of an entrepreneur couple from the U.S. Overview of the sporting goods business of the couple; Decline of the business of the couple; Venture of the couple into franchising.
- Recreation. // Entrepreneur;Jan1994, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p118
Lists the leading recreational franchises in the United States, including sporting equipment, apparel and memorabilia outlets. Address; Product or service; Year of beginning business and franchise; Expansion plans; Number of franchises and company-owned outlets from 1991 to 1993; Start-up costs;...
- The Race Is On. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the competition between specialty store Super Jock 'n Jill and retail chain Road Runner Sports in the running gear industry in Seattle, Washington. Remarks from Jock 'n Jill store owner Chet James on why the store chose not to become a retail chain; Reasons behind the decision of...
- A WHOLE NEW GAME. Boone, Rolf // Wenatchee Business Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, pA1
Reports on developments at the Play It Again Sports sporting goods outlet in Wenatchee, Washington, as of March 2004. Renaming of the business as Sports Outlet & Fitness Center; Relocation of the business to another building; Store owner Stan Carson's reasons for not renewing its Play It...
- Berlin Nike Town to premiere. Drier, Melissa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;04/02/99, Vol. 177 Issue 63, p13
No abstract available.
- Bowling Shop Opens. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/14/98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p12
Reports that the Rusty J's Proshop bowling gear store has opened for business in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- NikeTown's invasion of London. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/15/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the opening of the Nike Town Store in London, England. Estimates of the store's construction cost; Description of the store's features.
- Scoring the winning design. Carlton, Rachel // Display & Design Ideas;Jun2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p18
Provides information on the design of the retail store of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. at the Mall in Robinson near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Information on the design of the store; Techniques used in the design and construction of the store; Elements of the design.
- The Evolution of Gender. Dzierzak, Lou // SGB;Mar2009, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the "Women, Power and Money" report which shows marketers' perceptions of women may not be accurate and another on the way sporting goods brands and retailers approach women.