Spira Prepares to Spring Ahead
- SHOE AND TELL. Tisdale, Sallie // New Republic;9/12/94, Vol. 211 Issue 11, p10
Focuses on the author's quest for domestically-made shoes in the U.S. Teenagers and young women shoe workers in Southeast Asia; Minimum wage in Indonesia; Overseas manufacturing of shoe companies; Cheap labor in Asia; Economic viability of manufacturing in the U.S.; Profits of Nike in 1993;...
- Vans readies $25 mil brand blitz. Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;3/3/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p30
This article states that shoe maker Vans will address alternative sports enthusiasts as one group as it launches its most aggressive marketing campaign ever. The $25 million brand blitz, dubbed "Team Vans," hits this spring. In linking mountain bikers, inline skaters, snowboarders and the like,...
- Hogan's Heroes. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/29/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 90, p16
Presents a highlights of the toast to the new Olympia-inspired sneakers by Hogan. Guests at the event; Host of the event; Style of the shoes worn by Cozmo Jenks.
- Sifting Through The Options: Kicks From Afar. Aguilar, Mario // Wired;Jan2011, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p58
The article features several sneakers, including the Gola Quarrel, the Warrior Footwear Classic, and the Visvim Sunnegga Hi Lamina.
- Innovations in Footwear: 21st Century Design Takes Off. // Podiatry Management;Oct2008, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p94
The article introduces a series of articles about footwear. They include articles on the changing areas of shoe design for athletic and comfort shoes, the annual shoe round table discussing topics related to shoes in practice, from handling patients with different-sized feet to identifying the...
- FEATURED PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT. // NSGA Retail Focus;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p22
The article offers brief information on several sporting goods which include the dual independent sideways skates from Freeline Skates Inc., the Odyssey Cushion Trainer shoes from Spira Footwear Inc. and the Hot-Weather Running Socks from DryMax Sports.
- Performance-Enhancing Footwear. Frampton, Scott // Esquire;Aug2005, Vol. 144 Issue 2, p77
Presents information on running shoes from Spira Footwear. Disadvantages of the shoes to performance; Similarity of the footwear with other shoes; Price.
- Skechers U.S.A., Inc. SWOT Analysis. // Sketchers U.S.A., Inc. SWOT Analysis;Jul2013, p1
A business analysis of Skechers U.S.A. Inc., a company that designs, markets and sells contemporary footwear under the Skechers brand name, is presented, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) faced. Strengths include improving profitability. Weaknesses include...
- Banned Running Shoe Makes Waves. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on Spira Footwear's launching of the the "Banned in Boston" campaign. It is aimed at bringing attention to its nascent brand afftected by a ban of its shoe technology by the International Amateur Athletic Federation and USA Track and Field. The company will pay $1 million to...