- The play's the thing. // Discount Store News;5/16/94, Vol. 33 Issue 10, pA52
Focuses on the sports licensing category of American retail trade. Retailers' efforts to maximize the sales potential of the category; Changing shop formats to put focus on the category; Impact on sales; Kmart Corp.'s plans for its sports-licensed outerwear; Kmart's sports shops; Caldor Corp.'s...
- Turmoil in sports apparel. Jansen, Jeff // Advertising Age;8/29/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 36, p40
Reports on the licensed sports apparel industry. Marketers' inexperience in professional advertising; Fragmented $& billion category; Problems in marketing budgets; Troubles at companies; Relationship with advertising agencies.
- The great American dress down. Kaplan, Don // Discount Store News;5/11/98, Vol. 37 Issue 9, pA18
Reports on the efforts of American discount retailers to adapt to Americans' love for casual dressing. Consumers' adaption of casual wear at work and at play; Ames' offer of novelty T-shirts; Effectiveness of The Gap strategy; ShopKo's offer of casual fashion bottoms; Bradlees' turning of...
- Retailers score with varied fall styles. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/23/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 58, p13
Reports on trends driving the fall 1999 business of the United States retail sport clothing industry. Activewear's versatility as a major selling point with shoppers; Use of performance-oriented fabrics; Factors driving the interest in more fashionable activewear; Retail prices of certain items...
- Sidelines. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/23/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 58, p13
Cites developments concerning the United States sport clothes retail industry as of September 23, 1999. Adidas' recruitment of real recreational artists for its fashion show at MacySport; Century Business Credit's increase of its loan to Danskin; Union Bay's provision retailers with signs and...
- Retailers say bridge sales keep growing. Edelson, Sharon; Tosh, Mark // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/18/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 53, p22
Discusses the views of retail store executives regarding the growth of the bridge sportswear segment of the United States apparel industry. Bloomingdale's enlargement of the bridge department at its flagship in New York City; Bridge as one of the largest growth areas in spring 1995 at Saks...
- Fashion alive & kicking. // Discount Store News;2/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 4, pA14
Looks at fashion trends in activewear. Colors and designs; Kmart's activewear lines; Bradlees' fashion-oriented activewear; Opportunities afforded by increased popularity in fashion activewear on retailers.
- Sportswear areas see increases for spring despite sluggish start. D'Innocenzio, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/2/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 2, p1
Reports on an increase in consumer activity in the sportswear segment of the American clothing industry during the spring of 1997. List of retailers who reported double-digit increases for spring; Most popular styles of sportswear; Fashion trends for the period.
- Blending in. // Discount Store News;9/7/98, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p67
Focuses on the retailing of camouflage apparel and accessories in the United States. Product designs; Opportunities for retailers in the trend toward expanded product lines.