THE FLOWERING OF THE BELL SYSTEM
- The Counter-Current. Grafton, Samuel // New Republic;9/14/27, Vol. 52 Issue 667, p94
Comments on the political and socioeconomic issues in the U.S. Views of various Americans on utilitarianism; Factors affecting the business performance of several manufacturing companies in the country; Increase on the number of investors; Rise on the sales of several foul products; Level of...
- Building a profit culture. Wilson, Bruce // Landscape Management;Jul2008, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p12
The article discusses the business practices demonstrated by successful companies which lead such enterprises to maximize profits. High-profit companies, the author indicates, do many things to differentiate themselves from the competition. Topics include margin aggression, incorporation of...
- Outlook for venture capital on the upswing. Millard, David // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p32
Focuses on the business performance of various venture capitalists in Indianapolis, Indiana. Factors affecting the revenue growth of the firms; Increase on the level of competition; Total rate of returns.
- How to build a perfect portfolio. Montgomery, Roger // Money (Australia Edition);Oct2009, Issue 117, p78
The article provides tips for investors about building portfolio. They are advised to identify superior business by examining its economic performance, earnings power, and management. It notes that a benchmark is important to simplify an investment process upon assessing a business from a...
- 'Steady Eddies' ease pain of choppy market. // Dow Theory Forecasts;8/30/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 35, p1
Focuses on the impact of economic downturn on the business performance of various firms in the U.S. Analysis on the revenue growth of the companies; Number of investors; Decrease on the assets and investments of the firms.
- Calculating the Return on Data Quality Investments. Raab, David M. // DM Review;May2008, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p32
The article discusses ways of calculating the return on data quality investments of a particular company. The article presents several real-world projects that involve benefits from improved data quality. One situation shows that the returns were measured in terms of increased profit per...
- Some astounding performances to mull over. Hasenfuss, Marc // Finance Week;Oct2002 Supplement, p23
Focuses on the profitability of various investment firms in South Africa for the year 2002. Total amount of the shares of various stockholders; Effects of economic crisis on the earnings of Mvelaphanda Resources company; Availability of operating capital.
- I love the rand. Preece, Howard // Finance Week;7/26/2004, p8
Focuses on the impact of the strengthening of the rand currency on the economic conditions in South Africa. Expansion on the assets and investments of several capitalists; Maximization on the earnings of various companies; Increase on the level of competitive advantage.
- State minority businesses break $1B sales barrier. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/22/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 38, p14
Focuses on the business performance of various minority firms in Connecticut. Analysis on the revenue growth of the companies; Level of competitive advantage; Impact of economic downturn on the sales of the firms.