SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE: TWO VIEWS OF ITS FISCAL HEALTH
- February 2016: Employer's business tax calendar. // Payroll Legal Alert;Jan2016, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p7
A calendar of events for U.S. employers in February 2016 is presented which include the provision of the 2015 Form W-2 copies to employees, the semiweekly deposit for wages, and the filing of the paper Copy A of Forms W-2 and Form W-3 with the Social Security Administration.
- SSDI & SSI Recipients. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);8/14/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on U.S. Social Security Administration's work incentives.
- Tracking your retirement funds. Wiener, Leonard // U.S. News & World Report;09/27/99, Vol. 127 Issue 12, p67
Mentions that the United States Social Security Administration will automatically send an annual customized statement with information on tax payments and estimated benefits to workers beginning on October 1, 1999.
- Inside the SSA. // Government Executive;May2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p60
Presents updates on the activities of the Social Security Administration in the U.S. as of May 2002. Increase in retirement workload; Value of payment to beneficiaries; Number of full-time employees at the federal agency.
- Improved "Ticket to Work". // PN;Aug2008, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p14
The article lists the rules for Ticket To Work program of the U.S. Social Security Administration which include increasing incentive payments of employees, synergizing efforts,and increasing the value of the ticket.
- Seven charged. // Crain's New York Business;11/25/96, Vol. 12 Issue 48, p46
Focuses on charges filed against seven people who were employed by the Social Security Administration, for handing over confidential information on an estimated 1,000 people. Reason for the action.
- Restoring security to Social Security. Taub, Stephen // Financial World;9/1/97, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p8
Editorial. Questions the ability of the Social Security to pay the retirement benefits of baby boomers in the United States who will have retired by 2029. Fund problems of the Social Security; Solutions proposed to address the problems; Author's opinion on how to save Social Security;...
- Is our Social Security System worth saving? Wilson, William T. // Human Events;7/14/95, Vol. 51 Issue 27, p11
Suggests privatization as a way to deal with the insolvency of the United States Social Security Administration. Projections that indicate the insolvency of the system; Statement that the system's disability and hospitalization insurance will be losing money; Chile's privatized retirement...
- (DISABILITIES) Nearly $20M to Go to Work Incentives Grantees. // Community Health Funding Week;1/29/2010, p19
The article reports that the Social Security Administration (SSA) in the U.S. has announced on the funding of 19.9 million dollars going to the 103 grantees of the Work Incentives Planning & Assistance Program.