`Mandatory' seminars may not be necessary
- What Does Voluntary Disenrollment from Medicare+Choice Plans Mean to Beneficiaries? Harris-Kojetin, Lauren D.; Jael, Elizabeth M.F.; Smith, Fiona; Kosiak, Beth; Brown, Julie // Health Care Financing Review;Fall2002, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p117
Discusses the results of testing information intended for Medicare beneficiaries about voluntary disenrollment from Medicare+Choice plans. Method of the study; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- What You Need to Know About ABNs. McCune, Donna // Review of Ophthalmology;Mar2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p29
Answers queries on advance beneficiary notice (ABN) in Medicare. Possibility of developing a generic ABN; Obligations of a patient who signed an ABN.
- Study: Health care spending larger part of economy despite slower growth. // AHA News;2/10/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the result of a study released by the journal 'Health Affairs' concerning Medicare and private personal health care spending in the U.S. Expected increase in health care share of gross domestic product in 2012; Factors that contribute to increased health care spending.
- Lawmakers air differences over Medicare, Medicaid. // AHA News;5/5/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p2
Focuses on the partisan political differences of legislators on health care policy issues in the U.S., discussed at the Annual Membership Meeting of the American Hospital Association in April 2003. Stand of Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tenn.) on Medicare reform bill; Reaction of...
- Keeping society's promise. // AHA News;5/5/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p4
Editorial. Comments on the promise of the U.S. government to improve Medicare and Medicaid system in the country. Information on hospital advocacy in the country; Stand of legislators on Medicare issues; Discussion on Medicare prescription drug legislation.
- Debate--and estimates--rise over Medicare drug benefit. Wechsler, Jill // Managed Healthcare Executive;Apr2002, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the controversy surrounding medical care in Washington D.C. Proposals on establishing Medicare benefits for patients; Skepticism on the reviews made by the Senate Financial Committee on Medicare reforms; Forecast on the expenditure for medicines.
- Statements to the Congress. Greenspan, Alan // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Jun98, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p429
Presents the speech given by the chairman of the Board of Governors of the US Federal Reserve System before the US Congress' National Bipartisan Commission on the Future of Medicare on April 20, 1998. Challenges of adapting Medicare to meet the country's long-term needs; Influence of technology...
- Trends in national and Medicare physician expenditures: CYs 1970-93. // Health Care Financing Review;1995 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p90
Presents statistics on trends in national and Medicare physician expenditures in the United States for the calendar years 1970 to 1993. Total personal health care expenditures (PHCE) for physician services; Focus of efforts to restrain growth in M edicare physician spending.
- Medicare fee-for-service issues and innovations. Cotterill, Philip // Health Care Financing Review;Fall97, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
Presents an overview of developments in the Medicare fee-for-service (FFS) program. Effect of Medicare supplemental insurance on total Medicare utilization and costs; Attempts to inject some managed care incentives into the Medicare FFS program through the Medicare SELECT initiative; Outcome of...
- Effect of Low-Income Elderly Insurance Copayment Subsidies. Parente, Stephen T.; Evans, William N. // Health Care Financing Review;Winter98, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p19
Presents information on a study which investigates the impact of qualified Medicare beneficiary (QMB) enrollment on medical care use. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study; Conclusions.