- Chemical Forestry Threatens Tradition and Health. Pena, Laurel // News from Native California;Fall2002, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the effect of herbicide spraying on Yurok Indian Reservation in California. Geography of the area; Mixtures that are included in the herbicides; Involvement of the California Department of Pesticide Regulation in the Yurok reservation; Effect of spraying on food supply and...
- feedback. // Money (Australia Edition);Mar2013, Issue 154, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Disaster Relief--Help for Fire Victims," in the February 2013 issue, "Self-Serving," in the December-January 2013 issue, and a commendation on the journal.
- Forensic odontology, part 3. The Australian bushfires - Victoria state, February 2009. Hinchliffe, J. // British Dental Journal;4/9/2011, Vol. 210 Issue 7, p317
This paper aims to demonstrate the stages in the disaster victim identification of those who lost their lives in the Australian bushfires that raged across the state of Victoria in February 2009. Communities were damaged or destroyed leaving families distressed and homeless, and as the number of...
- Farmralser Fundraiser. // GreenPrints;Summer2005, Issue 62, p68
Focuses on the significance of voluntarism with regard to the inception of the Fairview Farmraiser Fundraiser event to provide financial assistance to fire victims Jamie and Amy Ager. Volunteers for the fund raising; Number of attendees; Amount raised at the event.
- Storm Surge. Svetkey, Benjamin; Endelman, Michael; Greenblatt, Leah; Katz, Paul; Kirschling, Gregory; Jensen, Jeff; Schwartz, Missy // Entertainment Weekly;9/16/2005, Issue 840, p11
Reports on the efforts of entertainers in the U.S. in helping the victims of Hurricane Katrina which hit the Gulf Coast in August 2005.
- TSUNAMI RELIEF. Fiore, Raymond // Entertainment Weekly;1/14/2005, Issue 801, p22
Focuses on the efforts of performing artists in the U.S. to extend their help and support to tsunami victims in South Asia.
- Morongo Tribe Brings Thanksgiving Early for Fire Evacuees. // News from Native California;Winter2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the Thanksgiving celebration held by the Morongo Band of Mission Indians for fire victims in southern California in 2003. Donations given by the Morongo tribe to the Riverside County chapter of the American Red Cross for the fire evacuees; Remarks from Maurice Lyons, Morongo Tribal...
- editorial. Kearney, Ged // Australian Nursing Journal;Mar2009, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p1
The author comments on the wildfires that destroyed towns in Victoria in February 2009. The author describes the efforts of the Australian Nursing Federation (ANF) in helping the victims of the fires. The author emphasizes the importance for nurses working in burn units in response to the fires...
- The San Manuel. HILL, LIZ // Native Peoples Magazine;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p28
The article describes how the San Manuel Band of Serrano Mission Indians of southern California became one of the most economically productive tribe in the U.S. In 2003, San Manuel Reservation, whose gaming enterprise, such as San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino, contributed to a strong economy,...