HOME AT LAST
- Wiyot. // California Indians;1999, p45
Discusses the traditional way of life, population and language of Wiyot, one of the early California Indian groups that settled in the state's northern coast.
- Eureka! Sacred Land Returned to Wiyot Tribe. Kowinski, Bill // Native Peoples Magazine;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p16
The article reports that 40 acres of the traditional center of Wiyot Tribes has been returned to the tribe by the city of Eureka, California. Wiyot land once included the ground under the present city of Eureka in extreme northern California, including the village of Tuluwat. In 1860, a...
- publisher's notes. Margolin, Malcolm // News from Native California;Winter2010/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p2
The author describes the events and activities he attended in California in fall 2009. He was at a ceremony for the annual voyage of a crafted plank boat from mainland to Santa Cruz Island in early September and come to the annual Big Time celebration at Chaw'se in Sierra foothills two weeks...
- calendar of events. // News from Native California;Winter2010/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p21
A calendar of events concerning Native American Indians is presented including the 25th Anniversary of the Southwest Arts Festival, the 34th Annual California Conference on American Indian Education, and the exhibition "Native American Art Evaluations."
- calendar events. // News from Native California;Summer2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p45
A calendar of museums and events for California for 2007 is presented which includes the Augustan Society Library & Museum of Native American arts, the Native American Women's Creations Exhibition, and the 6th Annual Gathering of the Lodges.
- EVENTS. // News from Native California;Winter2006/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p15
The article presents a calendar of events being sponsored by the Heyday Institute. Starting in February 2007, the institute will be sponsoring a lecture series of five small salons designed to celebrate and examine California Indian arts and cultural revival. On February 18, 2007, the art...
- BASKETWEAVERS' GATHERING. Brawley, Shannon // News from Native California;Winter2006/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p37
The article discusses the sixteenth annual California basket-weavers gathering, which was sponsored by the California Indian Basketweavers Association and the Soboba Indian Reservation. Gathering highlights included the showcasing of unique baskets as well as the socialization opportunities...
- calendar of events. // News from Native California;Winter2006/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p44
The article presents a calendar of events relating to North American Indians living in California. The Native Health Conference, hosted by Chumash Bison Company will be at the Ozena Valley Rancheria on January 15, 2007. The exhibition titled "Sing Me Your Story, Dance Me Home: Art and Poetry...
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // News from Native California;Summer2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p46
Presents a calendar of events for Indian organizations in California from July 1 to October 31, 2004. Summer Fun Program at the California State Indian Museum; Ishi Seminar 2004 at Chester Memorial Hall; 12th Annual American Indian Women's Conference at Scout Camp Site.