The Past in Present Tense: Four Decades of Baskets by Julia Parker
- California Weavers Honored at Arizona Basketweaver Gathering. Krol, Debra Utacia // News from Native California;Spring2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p6
Provides information on the highlights of the 2002 Gathering of Basketweavers in Phoenix, Arizona. Objectives of the convention; Award given to weaver Julia Parker; Importance of the work that the Tohono O'odham Community Alliance does to preserve the art of basketweaving.
- Where Cultures Meet. White, Cheryl // American Craft;Feb/Mar2005, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p64
Focuses on the basketry practices of Julia Parker, a Native American basket maker. Information on her exhibition "The Past in Present Tense: Four Decades of Baskets by Julia Parker" at the Bedford Gallery, Dean Lescher Regional Center for the Arts in Walnut Creek, California; Materials used in...
- The Stories Baskets Tell. McAllister, Carole // Interdisciplinary Humanities;Fall2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p90
The article focuses on the interconnected life stories of basket artists Julia Parker, Norm DeLorme, and Bernie DeLorme as displayed in the beaded baskets from Eastern side of the Sierra Nevada. The researchers who are assisted by the Yosemite Natural History Museum curator Craig Bates were lead...
- Basket Sewing at Red Bays. Armstrong, Mabel // Faces;Oct2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the basket sewing craft of Sara and her mother at Red Bays in the Bahamas Islands. Preparations made for basket sewing; Materials used; Importance of basket sewing in the island.
- Weaving Livelihoods. M. B. // Metropolis: Architecture Design;Dec2015, p32
An image of designer Matali Crasset weaving a Bulawayo gourd basket with a weaver at the Bulawayo Home Industries in Zimbabwe is presented.
- Virginia Kaiser 1945-2012. CAMM, ANTHONY // Art Monthly Australia;Nov2012, Issue 255, p46
The article presents an obituary for Australian basketmaker Virginia Kaiser.
- Harriet Joynes Designs The Ultimate Fall Basket. Krall, Sarah // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jun99, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p148
Profiles Harriet Joynes, a basket maker. Factor which is key to a basketeer's sanity, according to Joynes; Percentage of Joynes business that is done during the first three weeks of December; Her plans once she earns her political science degree from Fordham University; Description on her baskets.
- made in sarasota. Varma, Anu // Sarasota Magazine;Oct2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p122
Focuses on the life and work of the basket maker, Elizabeth Geisler living in Sarasota, Florida. Total number of baskets made by Geisler as of October 2003; Name of the style of basket which Geisler makes; Professional qualifications of Geisler as a basketmaker.
- Miss Macy's Basket. Brown, Carol // Art & Antiques;Summer2006, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p26
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "What's it Worth?" in the April 2006 issue.