Votes in San Diego Mayor's Race Favor Incumbent, But Challenger Fights On
- Donna Frye gets SDCC endorsement. Ralston, Rachel // Gay & Lesbian Times;6/2/2005, Issue 910, p16
Reports that the San Diego Democratic Club voted to endorse San Diego City Councilmember Donna Frye in the 15-candidate mayoral race for the seat Mayor Dick Murphy will vacate on July 15, 2005. Resignation of Murphy into his second term; Consideration of Frye a front-runner in the July 26...
- Mayoral candidates speak at The Center's forum. Baldman, Anthony // Gay & Lesbian Times;6/23/2005, Issue 913, p14
Reports on political platforms of mayoral candidates in San Diego, California as a special primary election on July 26, 2005 will be held to replace mayor Dick Murphy, who resigned in April 2005. Jerry Sanders' extensive experience in turning around financially struggling organizations; Donna...
- Which districts voted for whom? Registrar releases mayoral election breakdown. Baldman, Anthony // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/15/2005, Issue 938, p14
The article reports on the distribution of votes between incumbent Mayor Jerry Sanders and his rival Council member Donna Frye during the mayoral elections in San Diego, California. Mayor Sanders won a majority of the vote in five of the city's eight districts during his 53 to 46 percent triumph...
- In my play, Donna Frye would lead. // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/14/2004, Issue 877, p12
Focuses on the support of the author on the candidacy of Donna Frye for mayor in San Diego, California. Declaration of Frye of her support in same-sex marriage; Opposition of Frye in the discriminatory policies of the Boy Scouts; Admiration on the performance of Frye as a council member.
- Frye picks up endorsements. Bone, Travis D. // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/14/2004, Issue 877, p14
Reports on the endorsement of Donna Frye by the GLBT community as their official candidate for mayoral race in San Diego, California. Effect of the endorsement on the outcome of the election; Support of Frye in issues related to the GLBT community; Decision of the San Diego Democratic Club to...
- The San Diego mayoral race takes center stage. // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/7/2004, Issue 876, p12
Focuses on the rivalry between opponents Ron Roberts and Donna Frye for the mayoral race in San Diego, California. Support of the GLBT community to Roberts; Concern on the leadership skills of Frye as city mayor; Issues to be tackled by the politicians.
- Donna Frye steps into the race for mayor. Bone, Travis D. // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/7/2004, Issue 876, p14
Focuses on the impact of the entry of Donna Frye as another mayoral candidate on the race for mayor in San Diego, California. Efforts of the political candidates to garner the vote from the GLBT community; Support of Frye to issues concerning the GLBT community; Overview of the announcement of...
- Editorial. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/26/2005, Issue 909, p12
Comments on the popularity of Democratic Councilwoman Donna Frye, a candidate for the 2005 mayoral race in San Diego, California. Opinion of the gay community on Frye's political status; Reputation of the politician as an activist; Weaknesses of the politician.
- Profiles on leading mayoral candidates. Baldman, Anthony // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/14/2005, Issue 916, p14
Reports that San Diego police chief Jerry Sanders, San Diego City councilmember Donna Frye and businessman Steve Francis have distanced themselves from the rest of the mayoral candidates as the frontrunners in the race for city mayor in San Diego, California. Conduction of special election to...