Munis Firm Though Many Stay on Sidelines; N.Y.C. Water Deal Prices
- Spain to Launch CCP for Bonds. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;9/15/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p8
Reports that Meff, the Spanish futures and options market, will expand its central counter party service for derivatives to the government bond market starting September 18, 2003. Importance of the move of Meff; Countries in the European Union which have central counter party service for...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, July 7. // Bond Buyer;7/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32170, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States as of July 7, 2005. Government securities prices; Municipal Bond Index; Bond buyer's 30-day visible supply.
- Munis, Treasuries Increase on Talk Of an End to Rate-Tightening Cycle. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;6/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32145, p2
This article focuses on rise in municipal bond prices. Traders said a rally in the government bond market forced leveraged participants to adjust prices on their offerings higher to offset losses on their hedges and municipal bond yields fell as much as five basis points. The market saw a firm...
- Munis Continue to Adjust in Wake Of October Employment Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market on November 8, 2004 after a strong employment report in the U.S. Continued pressure on the market due to expected interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board; Limited trading activity due to wide bid-ask spreads; Need to reevaluate the...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, November 8. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p2
Presents a table depicting the performance of the municipal bond market as of November 8, 2004 in the U.S. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; 30-day visible supply.
- Municipals End Session Little Changed; Clark County Sells $361M Airport Deal. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31936, p2
Examines the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S., compiled as of July 29, 2004. New issue offerings; Improvement in treasuries due to weakness in stocks; Increase in orders; Ratings of notable bond sales.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, May 10. // Bond Buyer;5/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31880, p2
Presents charts of interest to the bond market in the United States as of May 10, 2004. Major deals; Economic indicators; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- MANAGING THE ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL MECHANISMS OF THE GLOBAL MARKETS. Cristea, Andrei // Economics, Management & Financial Markets;Dec2009, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p124
Ocampo et al. note that capital inflows can have a positive effect in the short run during periods of booming capital inflows, but a negative effect in the long run. del Valle and Ugolini provide an overview of the policy framework and building blocs for reform that are necessary to develop a...
- Monday's Data. // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p2
Presents a table depicting bond market performance in the U.S. on September 20, 2004. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; Visible supply of bond.