Reforms Would Leave MSRB Only SRO With Industry-Heavy Board
- SEC Issues MD&A Advisory. Demmo, Nicholas G.; Herlihy, Edward D.; Makow, Lawrence S.; Wasserman, Craig M. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2004 Q1, p1
The article focuses on an interpretative guidance issued by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) aimed at assisting issuers in improving their Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations. The overarching theme of the guidance is to provide...
- Sarbanes-Oxley Update: SEC Issues Final Rules on Disclosure Concerning Non-GAAP Financial Measures and Filings of Earnings Announcements. Cammaker, Joshua R.; Ostling, Gregory E.; Vlahakis, Patricia A. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2003 Q1, p1
The article presents information on the final rules issued by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on disclosure concerning non-GAAP financial measures and filings of earnings announcements. The final rules are implemented through a new Regulation G that requires improved disclosure in...
- ACLI Commends, But Urges Modifications, Of SEC Efforts Against Abusive Practices. // Insurance Advocate;2/16/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 6, p32
Reports on the commendation given by the American Council of Life Insurers (ACLI) to the Securities and Exchange Commission for its efforts to fight against abusive market timing practices. Offer of suggestions by the ACLI for improving the regulations on the issue; Proposal of the SEC to...
- SEC Petitioned to Require Climate Risk Disclosure by All Public Companies. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2007 Q3, p1
The article reports on a petition filed by a group of 22 organizations for to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to require all publicly traded companies to evaluate and fully disclose their financial risks from climate change. It says that the petitioners, which include...
- SEC Approves NYSE Proposal. Whitley, J. // Internal Auditor;Feb2004, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p18
Deals with the approval of a governance structure for the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Separation of functions of the chairman of the board and chief executive officer; Responsibilities of the approved board for NYSE; Governance disclosures to...
- The bespeaks caution doctrine: Revisiting the application of federal securities law to opinions... de R. Barondes, Royce // Journal of Corporation Law;Winter94, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p243
Presents an analysis of the Bespeaks Caution Doctrine. History of the Securities and Exchange Commission's adoption of the safe harbor; Chronological review of the Bespeaks Caution Doctrine as it has been discussed by the court of appeals; Application of federal securities law to opinions and...
- Reports from Abroad to the SEC. // Management Review;Nov66, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p67
Reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has asked in 1966 for information from all foreign companies that have assets over one million dollars and at least 500 stockholders, 300 of which are Americans. Number of firms which submitted reports to the SEC.
- Whispers heard about 'Fair Disclosure' Shields, Todd // Editor & Publisher;07/10/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 28, p9
Focuses on the proposed Regulation FD by the United States Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) which will affect policies on disclosing corporate information in the country. Discussion points on various issues of contention; Impact on commercial journalism practices in the country.
- THE DISCLOSURE POLICY STUDY OF THE SEC. Wheat, Francis M. // Business Lawyer;Nov68, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p33
Examines the Disclosure Policy Study of the Securities and Exchange Commission in the United States. Background of the study; Amendment of the Securities Exchange Act; List of goals of the commission.