Phoenix Looks Downtown
- Construction of convention center reinitiated. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;11/28/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 48, p28
Reports on the construction of Puerto Rico Convention Center. Construction itinerary; Creation of an anchor hotel for the convention center; Components of the master plan for the district; Evaluation of proposals submitted by the U.S. real-estate management companies.
- New hotels could be convention catalyst. Kosseff, Jeffrey // Crain's Detroit Business;10/09/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 41, pE-5
Presents factors which could make downtown Detroit, Michigan a venue for conventions. Interest of developers to construct more hotels; Availability of space for parking; Efficiency of the highway system.
- Central business district. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);Winter94 Supplement, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p5
Reports on the dilemma faced by New Orleans' Central Business District from the boom created by the convention center for business and the proposed casino's scaring of other businesses. Comments of Rock Skelding; Positive impact of relocations; Office rates for new tower space in the district.
- Adventures in Downtown. Rowe, Megan // Religious Conference Manager;Jun2002, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on the advantages and disadvantages of having religious meetings in the U.S. downtown districts. Information on several places convenient for meetings including the National Building Museum; Importance of convention and visitors bureaus to religious meeting planners; Services offered by...
- Talk it out. // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/2/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p6
The author reflects on the proposal to create a new downtown convention center in Cleveland Ohio. He explained that the move has raised several queries by residents of Cuyahoga County, as they were not given a chance to vote against an increase in sales tax from the current 7.5 percent to 7.75...
- Hoping for a Renaissance in a Former World's Fair City. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;05/24/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31146, p34
Reports on revitalization projects of Knoxville and Knox County in Tennessee. Renovation of historic buildings; Construction of a convention center; Use of bonds to fund the projects.
- Med mart at mall site makes most sense. Levine, Jeremy // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p10
The article presents the author's views on site selection for the new Convention Center/Medical Mart in Cleveland, Ohio. According to the author, a state-of-the-art convention center planned in conjunction with the city's existing amenities would generate exceptional opportunities for attracting...
- Nashville Council Clears Path For Downtown Development. Barnes, Sam // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/1/2010, Vol. 264 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the decision of the Nashville Metro Council in Tennessee to approve the financing plan for the clearing of a 16-acre downtown site for the Music City Convention Center. The move came despite questions about the capacity of the city to pay off construction debt, which is...
- ZONE 7 Delivers Revenue Hit. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p3
Reports on the estimated amount it will cost the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) of Grand Rapids, Michigan to develop the city's Renaissance Zone. Estimated cost in terms of tax revenues; Claim that annual cost falls within ceilings set by DDA's bond payments.