Outbreak of neurologic syndrome and sequelae in 17 states and 2 provinces
- Mayo Clinic Researchers Devise Treatment for People Who
Experience Dizziness Upon Suddenly Rising From Prone Position. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;9/23/2003, p3
Rochester, Minnesota-based Mayo Clinic researchers have developed a drug treatment to stop dizziness, light-headedness and fainting that patients experience who suffer from a common form of impaired nerve transmission known as autonomic failure. The failure of autonomic nerve function leads to...
- Occipital neuralgia secondary to CerebroSpinal fluid leak. Ansari, H // Journal of Headache & Pain;Feb2013 Supplement, Vol. 14, p1
An abstract of the article "Occipital neuralgia secondary to CerebroSpinal fluid leak" by H. Ansari is presented.
- Bubbles, bubbles everywhere! Bradford, John // Practical Neurology;Feb2003, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p48
Presents a neurologists' recollection of a meeting with a patient experiencing cryptogenic ischemic strokes with pulmonary arteriovenous malformations. Collapse of the patient immediately after the birth of her daughter; Trans-cranial Doppler examination of the patient in an effort to detect...
- CME Questions. // Neurology Alert;Mar2009, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p55
A quiz about neurological disorders is presented.
- TEST YOURSELF. // Practical Neurology (BMJ Publishing Group);Feb2006, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p58
A quiz concerning neurological cases is presented.
- Follicular Lymphoma Patient Relapsing with Paraneoplastic Sensory Neuronopathy (Ganglioneuropathy). Öztürk, Kadir; Akgün, Hakan; Çakar; Mustafa; Eyi, Yusuf Emrah; Aksoy, Yakup // Turkish Journal of Hematology;Sep2013, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p333
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with a follicular lymphoma patient who relapsed with paraneoplastic sensory neuropathy (ganglioneuropathy).
- Childhood acute bacterial meningitis: risk factors for acute neurological complications and neurological sequelae. Antoniuk, S�rgio A.; Hamdar, F�tima; Ducci, Renata D.; Kira, Ariane T. F.; Cat, M�nica N. L.; da Cruz, Cristina R. // Jornal de Pediatria;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p535
Objective: To assess acute neurological complications and neurological sequelae of childhood acute bacterial meningitis in order to determine possible warning signs. Methods: This retrospective study evaluated children with acute bacterial meningitis (between 1 month and 14 years of age)...
- Genetics of essential tremor. Hao Deng; Weidong Le; Joseph Jankovic // Brain: A Journal of Neurology;Jun2007, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p1456
Essential tremor (ET), the cause of which remains poorly understood, is one of the most common neurological disorders. While environmental agents have been proposed to play a role, genetic factors are believed to contribute to its onset. Thus far, three gene loci (ETM1 on 3q13, ETM2 on 2p24.1...
- Pressure support ventilation during fibreoptic intubation under propofol anaesthesiaâ€ Presented in abstract at the ASA meeting 2003. J. L. Bourgain; V. Billard; A. M. Cros // BJA: The British Journal of Anaesthesia;Jan2007, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p136
Goal of the study. To assess the benefit of pressure support ventilation during fibreoptic intubation performed under propofol anaesthesia in patients having an anticipated difficult intubation.Procedures. Thirty-two patients with ENT cancer, and having at least two criteria for anticipated...