Excess in the pharmaceutical industry
- Optimizing managed care rebate strategy to improve returns. Singhania, Vinamra // Journal of Medical Marketing;Jan2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p71
In this age of spiraling health-care costs, it is imperative for pharmaceutical companies to price drugs so that patients can afford them as well as to manage costs to meet margin pressure. Pharmaceutical companies are now spending an average of 20 per cent of annual revenues in rebates to...
- Pliva Hrvatska d.o.o. // SeeNews Research & Profiles (Company Profiles);2013, p11924
A profile of Pliva Hrvatska d.o.o., also known as Pliva Croatia Ltd., Pliva Hrvatska d.o.o. za Razvoj, Proizvodnju i Prodaju Lijekova i Farmaceutskih Proizvoda and Pliva Kroatien GmbH, is presented. The company is based in Croatia and is engaged in the pharmaceutical industry. Tihomir Oreskovic...
- Colombia: Banking Sector Still Looks Strong. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/14/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p13
The article presents an outlook on the banking sector of Colombia. It relates that commercial banks in Colombia have posted their largest net profit margin in August 2009 since the failure of Lehman Brothers in 2008. It highlights the contribution of the regulation by the Superintendencia...
- Prepare for more mutual get-togethers. Mounty, Peter // Mortgage Strategy;3/13/2006, p30
The article offers an analysis on the effect of the merger between Portman and Lambeth to the remaining small-scale building societies in the competitive mortgage and savings market in Great Britain. It was observed that big companies are still in a better position as compared to other small...
- Bevy of New Banks Likely to Taper Off in New Year. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;1/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p3
Assesses community banks in San Diego County, California. Evaluation of the ability of the community banks to survive; Reduction of profit margins; Corporate profits.
- Pigment Manufacturers are Looking Forward To 2012. Savastano, David // Ink World;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including sales gains for the pigment industry, profit margins, and issues involving ink manufacturers.
- Domino's Beats Analysts' Predictions. // Hospitality Ireland;Feb2014, Issue 87, p65
The article reports that U.S. fast-food delivery company Domino's Pizza is expecting better than expected 2013 profit margin for its operation in Ireland and highlights the pre-tax profits of 2.4 million euros registered by Domino's Irish arm in 2012.
- Now, GM’s profit goal gets tougher. Colias, Mike // Automotive News;2/9/2015, Vol. 89 Issue 6659, p0008
The article talks about the significance of automotive company General Motors' earnings report for fourth-quarter of 2014 and questions the company's ability to achieve a pre-tax profit margin of ten percent in North America by 2016.
- Stronger Margins Lift Oil Majors' Chemical Earnings. Seewald, Nancy; Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;5/3/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 10, p11
This article focuses on the profit gains posted by leading oil firms' chemical operations during the first quarter of 2010 as a result of improved margins.