How to read clinical journals: XII. How you too can profit from pharmaceutical advertisements
- Laughter is the Best Medicine. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Mar2010, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p82
A review is offered of several pharmaceutical advertisements including Annuale birth control brand; BladdIvan drug for urinary conditions; and Sproingo, a treatment for erectile dysfunction.
- Glaxo introduces villain in Relenza ads: Newman. Petrecca, Laura; Goetzl, David // Advertising Age;11/8/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 46, p16
This article reports on the involvement of TV actor Wayne Knight in an advertising campaign for the Relenza inhalant from pharmaceutical company Glaxo Wellcome in the U.S. as of November 1999. In the Relenza campaign, Knight's character travels to households via bus to spread his germs....
- GOAT OR GLOAT. // B to B;12/11/2006, Vol. 91 Issue 17, p34
The article assesses the print advertisements for pharmaceutical companies Pfizer of New York City and Bayer of Leverkusen, Germany. Pfizer's campaign shows an image of a human head outlined on a black slate board with the headline: "Get Well Soon." Bayer's campaign focuses on the company's...
- prescription drugs. Bittar, Christine // MediaWeek;4/22/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 16, pSR24
Focuses on the advertising and media campaigns of pharmaceutical companies for prescription drugs in the U.S. as of April 22, 2002. Estimated amount invested by Schering-Plough for its Clarinex drug in 2002; Amount spent by pharmaceutical companies on direct-to-consumer advertising in network...
- If patients ask... // RN;Apr2000, Vol. 63 Issue 4, Office Nurse p8
Features direct-to-consumer advertisements of drugs in the United States. Theme of an advertising campaign for Synvisc, a drug for osteoarthritis patients; Advertising campaign for estrogen formula Cenestin; Effectiveness of the drug Paxil for treating social anxiety disorder.
- PRIVATE VIEW. Moss, Chet // Medical Marketing & Media;Jun2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p68
Evaluates several advertising campaigns created for pharmaceutical companies. 'Save the Whale,' campaign created by Lowe Azure for Aventis; 'Simply put, Allevyn,' campaign created by Williams-Labadie for Smith & Nephew.
- Marketers left in limbo by DTC delay. Thomaselli, Rich // Advertising Age;9/20/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 38, p3
Explores issues concerning the new draft guidelines for direct-to-consumer (DTC) pharmaceutical advertisements, announced by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA). Information on the proposed changes; Reactions of the pharmaceutical industry on the new guidelines; Comments from AdvaMed, a...
- Magazine Ad Revenues--January through October 2006-Versus-2005: PUBLISHERS INCREASED THEIR "DRUG DEPENDENCY.". // Media Industry Newsletter;12/4/2006, Vol. 59 Issue 46, p8
The article looks at the advertising revenues of U.S. periodicals from January through October 2006. The retail and pharmaceutical advertising categories of Publishers Information Bureau reported a percentage gain in October. The pharmaceutical category started gaining grounds when the U.S. Food...
- Ad Awareness. // Business NH Magazine;Jun2004, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p8
Discusses the findings of a study conducted by researchers at Lebanon, New Hampshire-based Dartmouth Medical School about drug benefit data in print advertising. Importance of drug benefit data in educating the public about prescription drugs and promoting informed decision making; Percentage of...