Here and there 2004
- Transformation as Narrative and Process: Locating Myth and Mimesis in Reality TV. Ibrahim, Yasmin // Nebula;2007, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p41
The terrain of television has been perceived as mythopoeic with its ability to integrate the real and the unreal, crafting a liminal space which is always betwixt and between. The recent debates about the medium have centred on the genre of reality television where new boundaries are constantly...
- Myths and Reality TV. Schaefer, Naomi Riley; Rosen, Christine // Christianity Today;Aug2011, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p74
The article presents a discussion of the social impacts of reality television and other features of pop culture, adapted from the book "Acculturated: 23 Savvy Writers Find Hidden Virtue in Reality TV, Chick Lit, Video Games, and Other Pillars of Pop Culture."
- Surviving Antarctica: Reality TV 2083. // Publishers Weekly;5/16/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 20, p64
Reviews the book "Surviving Antarctica: Reality TV 2083," by Andrea White.
- Faking femininity: Masquerade and epic theatre in fashion Tv's lesson. Arzumanova, Inna // Critical Studies in Fashion & Beauty;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 1/2, p117
Fashion reality programming is traditionally panned by critics as shallow, rooted in what seems like liberating postfeminist power consumption and in rigid gender, racial and class divisions. Relying on what Angela McRobbie has called the postfeminist masquerade, the experts featured in these...
- Gauls galled over doc coin for 'Popstars' James, Alison // Daily Variety;10/22/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the reaction of French television production representatives to the decision of granting 800,000 francs in documentary aid to the reality show 'Popstars.'
- Muslim scholars score a hit on Malaysian reality show. Yeow, Julia // South Asian Post;7/22/2010, p20
The article offers information on the Malaysian reality show "Young Imam" wherein ten contestants, aged 18-27, of different status, from cleric to student to businessman and farmer, competing for the cash and fame.
- FACE-OFF. RUDGE, CHARLOTTE // InStyle;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p50
This article compares the main characters of the reality television shows "Jersey Girls" and "Jersey Shore."
- 4 THINGS WE'D LOVE TO ASK THE... JENNER SISTERS. // Dolly;Aug2014, Issue 524, p14
The article enumerates the questions that the periodical staff want to ask the Kardashian reality television family, including favorite name starting with the letter K, member of the family with the best dance moves and reason behind Kylie dyeing her hair green.
- The Literary Life Jose Canseco. // Sports Illustrated;5/12/2008, Vol. 108 Issue 19, p22
This article reports that professional baseball player Jose Canseco is writing a novel about human cloning and a baseball cloning conspiracy. Canseco has previously written two nonfiction books about doping in baseball. He is also working on writing a film about his life and plans to cast the...