Merrill's Latest Charge
- Will Holdout States Spoil Merrill Pact With N.Y.? Julavits, Robert // American Banker;8/29/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 166, p1
Reports that as many as seven U.S. states are holding out of a $100 million settlement pact with Merrill Lynch & Co. which offered the firm to resolve all state legal problems associated with the probe. Announcement of the settlement by New York Attorney General after the investigation of the...
- Wave on brink of crashing, say sources. Holt, Natalie // Mortgage Strategy;9/8/2008, p4
The article reports on the speculation that investment bank Merrill Lynch would close the brand Wave in the U.S. According to sources close to the bank, about 25 to 30 employees were at risk to lose their jobs. Moreover, other sources reveal that the bank has decided to axe the brand, which was...
- Fishing for Assets. Barrett, Larry // Baseline;Aug2003, Issue 21, p50
Relates the integration of the Wealth Management Technology Platform into the system of financial services company Merrill Lynch. Expected amount of savings that the company can achieve from the system; Background on the platform; Key features of the platform.
- THE GRIDS. // On Wall Street;Apr2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on the compensation grids of financial services firms in the U.S. in 2005. Role of the Wall Street grid in influencing employee behavior; Changes in Wachovia's grid; Approach of Merrill Lynch in rewarding representatives.
- New products. // Money Marketing;12/8/2005, p40
The article presents information about some newly launched financial instruments. The capital accumulator trusts are newly launched investment trusts that aim to provide growth by investing in equities and equity-related derivatives in Great Britain. Further, it informs that Commodities Income...
- Company Spotlight: Merrill Lynch. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;April 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p99
Presents a corporate profile of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Nature of the company's business; Products and services offered by the entity; Financial performance; Management style; Executive management.
- Former Convert King Dethroned. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/12/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p7
Reports on the business performance of investment bank Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc. in the U.S. Market share; Decrease in convertible activity; Departure of key officials and controversies afflicting its equity research staff.
- Merrill Top Investment Bank to Financial Firms. Bloomberg News // American Banker;5/10/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 89, p19
Focuses on Merrill Lynch & Co., which is ranked above Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Citigroup Inc., and Morgan Stanley as the top investment bank to financial services firms. Financial information on Merrill Lynch, including how short-term interest rates affect earnings; Data from compiled...
- Merrill extends UK reach with Freedom deal. Anker, Guy // Money Marketing;8/3/2006, p8
The article reports on the help of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. for Freedom Lending regarding its intention to penetrate into the mortgage market in Great Britain. Freedom Lending will continue to operate as a specialist lender and will be alongside Mortgages PLC. Managing director Colin Snowdown...