The IPO 100
- China Netcom: IPO may raise up to $1.5 billion. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;December2004, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p8
Reports that China Netcom Corp., a Chinese government-owned telecommunications venture, is planning to sell approximately one-billion shares in a global share offering in the U.S. Reason behind the decision of the company to sell its shares; Year when China was established; Financial performance...
- China Netcom's IPO Raises $1.2 Billion. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Jan2005, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p46
The article reports that China Netcom Corp., China's second-biggest fixed-line phone company raised $1.2 billion in an initial public offering (IPO) of shares in Hong Kong and the American depositary receipts (ADR) in New York. China International Capital, Citigroup and Goldman Sachs arranged...
- Foreign IPOs on Rise. // NACD Directorship;Dec2004, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p21
Reports on the increase in initial public offerings (IPO) of foreign companies in the U.S. Increase in the number of foreign companies who have gone public in 2004; Number of bond issues that are reportedly in registration; Value of the public offering of China Netcom Group Corp.; Reason behind...
- IPOs IN THE U.S. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/22/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 45, p14
Presents data on initial public offering (IPO) deals in the United States. UAP Holding; MHI Hospitality; InPhonic; Iowa Telecom Services; PRA International.
- IPO in mind, Netcom spruces up. Kuo, Kaiser // Telecom Asia;Oct2003, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the plan restructuring of China Netcom Corp.. Establishment of a Netcom North subsidiary; Problem of integrating telecommunication operations in the country; Goal of the firm.
- Network Upgrades. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar2002, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the communication equipment buildup of various telecommunication companies. Completion of the international fiber network Telia International; Deployment of PacketWave resilient packet ring-based platform of Luminous Network into the systems of China Netcom.
- NEWSMAP. // Telecom Asia;Jun2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p14
Reports developments related to the telecommunication industry in Asia as of June 2003. Postponement in the launching of 'Little Smart' service of China Netcom; Marketing of the Sri Lanka government part of the GSM 1800 MHz band to three mobile operators; Shareholder approval of the merger...
- Rescuing Asia Netcom. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Jun2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p34
Interviews Bill Barney, chief operating officer of China Netcom about the transition of Asia Global Crossing from IRU wholesaler to a retail services firm in China. Acquisition of Asia Global Crossing by China Netcom; Growth rate of the managed services market; Profitability of the services...
- Shearman lands China Netcom work. Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p8
Reports that Shearman and Sterling will be providing legal advice to China Netcom Corp. in connection with the company's purchase of the assets of undersea cable operator Asia Global Crossing (AGC). Shearman's responsibilities under the agreement; Amount needed by China Netcom to finance the...