Convenience Store M&A on Upswing
- Fas Mart on Fast Track with More Acquisitions. Longo, Don // Convenience Store News;3/26/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p12
The article reports that more than 500 store, district and regional managers, office staff and top executives of FAS Mart Convenience Stores Inc. gathered for the retailer's 7th annual trade show in March 2007. With the $47.5 million acquisition of 70 Sweet Oil Co. stores finalized in early...
- Fas Mart acquires Shore Stop chain. Schultz, George // National Petroleum News;Apr99, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p46
Reports on Richmond, Virginia-based Fas Mart Convenience Stores Inc.'s acquisition of Shore Stop Corp. Significance of the deal to Fas Mart; Terms of the agreement.
- East Coast acquisitions announced. // National Petroleum News;Aug98, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p11
Reports on two East Coast acquisitions involving established marketers. Stallings Oil Co.'s sale of its convenience-store operations to The Pantry Inc.; Fas Mart Convenience Stores Inc.'s acquisition of stores of Express Mart Franchising Corp.
- Owais Dagra. // Chain Store Age;Dec98, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p106
Profiles Fas Mart owner and chief executive officer Owais Dagra, who was chosen as one of `Chain Store Age' magazine's 1998 Retail Entrepreneurs of the Year. Dagra's pursuit of an acquisition-based growth model; Avoidance of competition with larger, better-financed chains; Community...
- Amidst Controversy, Fas Mart CEO Resigns. Lofstock, John // Convenience Store News;6/17/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on the strategy of chief executive officer Owais Dagra on running the convenience store chain Fas Mart Convenience Stores Inc. in Virginia. Factors contributing to the bankruptcy of the company; Resignation of Dagra as chairman and CEO of Fas Mart; Appointment of a trustee by the court...
- GPM Closes Fas Mart Acquisition. Morrison, Mitch // Convenience Store News;4/14/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the emergence of Fas Mart Convenience Stores Inc., the Middle Atlantic States convenience store chain, with new ownership after two years of bankruptcy. GPM Investments LLC, an investment group representing two Israeli companies, closed on a 37.25-million dollars deal,...
- Southern Retailers poised for expansion, buys 42 stores. Abcede, Angel // National Petroleum News;Feb98, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on Southern Retailers Inc.'s acquisition of Fas Mart Convenience Stores Inc. Combined revenue of Southern Retailers and Fas Mart stores; Reason for the purchase; Remarks from Fas Mart founder Frank Bradley III.
- News Briefs. // Convenience Store News;12/19/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p16
The article offers news briefs related to the convenience stores. Pantry Inc. plans to issue $130 million of new debt through seven-year. The retailer intends to use the majority of the offering's proceeds to pay down existing senior debt and for general corporate purposes, including...
- Fas Mart, Fast Transactions. Gentry, Connie Robbins // Chain Store Age;Sep2005, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p76
Presents information on a cohesive network transaction solution to be implemented by Fas Mart, a convenience store and gasoline retailer in Mechanicsville, Virginia, to a number of its company stores in the U.S. Concept of the network; Information on a number of resulting operational...