Merrill's Hat Trick In Healthcare Debt
- Merrill's Latest Charge. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/22/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 45, p22
Reports on investment bank, Merrill Lynch & Co.'s venture into the middle-market lending. Risks involvd in middle-market lending; Factors that attract Merrill to venture into middle-market lending; Market share of Merrill, according to Loan Pricing Corp.
- Former Convert King Dethroned. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/12/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p7
Reports on the business performance of investment bank Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc. in the U.S. Market share; Decrease in convertible activity; Departure of key officials and controversies afflicting its equity research staff.
- SECTORS. // Global Finance;Jun2006, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p52
The article presents a corporate profile for several investment banks from various sectors. Goldman Sachs & Co. represented U.S. food-store chain, Albertsons Corp., on its $9.8 billion sale in January to grocer SuperValu Inc. Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. advised Banca Nazionale del Lavoro SpA on a...
- Merrill's Retail Franchise Shows Life. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/22/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 45, p12
Reports on the recovery of Merrill Lynch's retail investment banking business. Dismissal of retail consumer group head, William Susmann; Appointment of Mark Vander Ploeg to head the retail investment banking focusing on retailers; Appointment of James Douglas to head the consumer investment...
- Subprime lenders become prime targets. Quinn, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;2/26/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p26
The article focuses on the growing number of financial institutions involved with subprime lenders. More and more mortgage companies are giving loans to risky borrowers. Several investment banks, including Barclays Bank PLC, Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. and Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc., have made deals...
- Moody's: Bank Inquiries Could Hit Ratings . // American Banker;5/7/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 87, p24
Reports the decline of credit ratings on Merrill Lynch & Co. and other investment banks in New York City. Settlement negotiations of Merrill with New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer; Internal electronic mails about stock; Liquidity profiles of Merrill.
- Merrill, New York Reach Settlement On Analyst Conflict. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;5/22/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 98, p20
Reports on an agreement reached by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. with New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer on May 21, 2002 to resolve allegations that its equity analysts gave favorable ratings to stocks in order to win investment banking business. Implications of the agreement on Wall...
- GEARING UP FOR CRA. // U.S. Banker;Jun2000, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p14
Focuses on brokerage firm Merrill Lynch & Co.'s decision to commit money for projects to minority groups in California. Goal of meeting standards set by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act for financial holding companies; Creation of a new model for new markets in underserved communities.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/22/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 45, p38
Presents data on investment bank deals in the United States, as of November 15, 2004. Citigroup; Lehman Brothers; Morgan Stanley; Merrill Lynch; J.P. Morgan Chase; Bear Stearns.