THE BIRTH OF UNIVERSAL LIFE
- One Company's Story. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/5/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 26, p13
Reports that small face amount permanent life policies are selling well in the senior market according to Motorists Life Insurance Co. in the U.S. Status of the company since entering the senior market; Insurance products offered by Motorists Life in the market.
- From Universal to Long-Term Care. // Advisor Today;Feb2004, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p20
Introduces the new Universal Life (UL) Core policy developed by John Hancock and offered by Universal Life Insurance Co. in the U.S. Coverage of the policy; Benefits of the policy for clients interested in long-term care; Other features of the UL Core policy; Contact information.
- MPs backing our campaign. McMillan, Paul // Money Marketing;3/30/2006, p1
The article reports cross-party members of parliament are supporting Money Marketing's No Advice, No Protection campaign. It further reports that Liberal Democratic Party small business spokeswoman Lorely Burt has tabled an early day motion to pressure the Treasury and the Financial Services...
- HEAPlugging in. // Finweek;5/10/2007, p50
The article discusses the purchase of clients to a life insurance through Internet in South Africa. CEO Lenerd Louw of 1Lifedirect mentioned that their is a rapid growth in gross premium income which reflect an expanding market particularly in R500 000 to R1m insurance range. Louw states that...
- Universal Life Design Objectives. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/29/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 36, p28
The article lists the objectives of the universal life insurance in the U.S. including the AIG American General Life Platinum Provider Ultra 2003, AIG American General Life Elite Universal Life 2003, and AIG American General Life AIG Contin UL Extend.
- Should Your Clients Be Using Indexed Universal Life to Diversify Risk and Market Exposure? Sole, Marian // Agent's Sales Journal;Aug2010, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p14
The article evaluates the index-link universal life insurance.
- Transforming the Sales Process Bridging the Trust Gap between Producers and Consumers. DAVENPORT, JOEY; FREITAG, DELORES // LIMRA's MarketFacts Quarterly;2011, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p70
The article highlights the significance of the trustworthy selling approach in the life insurance industry. Perception and communication are cited as the key issues in the disconnect between a strong demand and reluctance of consumers to buy. The role of trust in the decision of consumers to...
- S. 3217: Industry Sweats Proposed Fiduciary Model. Postal, Arthur D. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/17/2010, Vol. 114 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the issue behind the standard mandated by S.3217, the Restoring American Financial Stability Act, in the U.S. It notes that the said standard will be difficult to meet for life insurance agents who are selling securities. It mentions that it is one of several insurance...
- You Bet Your Life. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Aug2008, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p73
The article discusses the move of some clients to engage in life settlements, the sale of existing insurance policies to investors in the U.S. According to Lee Slavutin of Stern Slavutin-2, some insurance policies are sold by clients so they can be replaced by newer ones. It cites the concern...