EXECUTIVE DATABASE: ACCOUNTING HISTORY'S LINK TO THE FUTURE
- DOING THE BUSINESS. DRURY, AMY // Accountancy;Dec2010, Vol. 146 Issue 1408, p61
The article looks at the relevance of business strategy to accountants and the importance of Business Strategy and Financial Management papers to accounting trainees. It points out that the Business Strategy paper of trainees is a preparation for their Advanced Case Study. Also noted is the...
- Relational databases are not suitable for management information systems: And that's official! Newing, Rod // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Sep94, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p26
Discusses the use of multi-dimensional databases in management accounting. Slowness and inflexibility of relational databases for management information systems; Mathematician Ted Codd's twelve rules for `on-line analytical processing' (OLAP); Capabilities of OLAP spreadsheets; Executive...
- Use of executive information systems in measuring business performance. Holohan, James // Journal of Information Technology (Routledge, Ltd.);Sep92, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p177
Much effort and research has concentrated on the need to formulate and implement business strategy, and the need to monitor performance against strategic plans. This paper, based on research carried out from July to September 1990, identifies the methodologies which organizations applied to...
- Tailor made. Gant, Chris // Financial Management;Apr2001, p32
Presents advice on incorporating enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems in a firm's business objectives. Aims of a proper ERP system; Causes of failures in implementing ERP systems; Contributions of web applications to ERP systems; Comparison of the ERP with Maslow's hierarchy of needs, a...
- The Dashboard Dilemma. Freedman, David H. // Inc.;Nov2006, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p59
The article discusses several problems that may result from placing real-time data reports into an enterprise dashboard. It is infers that the availability of slick new data-crunching tools, and the hype they are receiving, leads executives to rely on them more. The problem goes beyond...
- WHAT TO CONSIDER. // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);2/13/2009, p22
The article describes the things that should be considered in data capture. It emphasizes the importance of having a clear idea of the key performance indicators (KPI) of a business. Gathered data should also be accessible to customers, for them to have a clear picture of a job's progress....
- In brief. // Accountancy;Jun89, Vol. 103 Issue 1150, p148
Features several accounting products and services. Forecast on Executive Information System; Practice Master System software.
- Adequate information need in 1975. // Accountancy;Feb1975, Vol. 86 Issue 978, p7
Urges accountants in British industry, commerce and practice to ensure that during 1975, management information systems of their clients and employers are in good working order.
- Mega's miracle. // Accountancy;Oct87, Vol. 100 Issue 1130, p146
Features the Miracle integrated management information and accounting system.