- Electronic Time Study. Watson, I. J. // Management Services;Oct88, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p18
In computer aided work measurement, or electronic time study (ETS) as the technique is more commonly known, the work study engineer's stopwatch, studyboard and pencil are replaced by a hand-held data capture unit for recording information. The data thus collected is then downloaded to a desktop...
- The INTERNET, ARPANet, and Consumer Online. Banks, Michael A. // Online;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p32
The article discusses the history of the Internet. ARPAnet is the government-sponsored research program that allows multiple computers from several locations to communicate. The first commercial online services designed for access by anyone with a computer terminal came along in the early 1970s...
- Correlates of Co-Sourcing/Outsourcing of Internal Audit Activities. Abdolmohammadi, Mohammad // Auditing;Aug2013, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p69
I use responses from 1,059 chief audit executives (CAEs) of organizations located in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, the U.K./Ireland, and the U.S. to investigate several correlates of co-sourcing and/or outsourcing (hereafter, simply ''outsourcing'') of internal audit activities....
- 30 Years Ago: PC Spreadsheets Bring Number Crunching to the Masses. Pallatto, John // eWeek;8/28/2013, p1
The article reports that the development of the personal computer (PC) spreadsheet software helps in easing the work of corporate employees. It mentions that the spreadsheet software justify corporate deployment of PCs in 1980s. It states that spreadsheets help in assisting developers and...
- Internet could change CMMS market. Dunn, Richard L. // Plant Engineering;Dec96, Vol. 50 Issue 13, p13
Focuses on the outlook for the use of Internet-based computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) in computer time-sharing. Comments from Mark R. Goldstein, a principal at manufacturing and Maintenance InforSource; Features of CMMS under a time-sharing services arrangement.
- Wanna buy a computer time-share? Kleiner, Kurt // New Scientist;08/31/96, Vol. 151 Issue 2045, p20
Focuses on the idea and proposal made by Baruch Awerbuch, a professor of computer science at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, regarding the use of computer time-sharing at night. Economic benefits of the system; Process of disclosing the availability of the computer; Computer...
- Data Handling Software. Heap, John // Management Services;Aug1985, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p12
Data Handling is one of the prime application areas of the microcomputer. Management Services personnel will increasingly be asked to implement systems Involving such packages and to make use of them within their own departments. This article introduces the concepts of computerised data handling...
- Abstracts. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Sep90, Vol. 18 Issue 3, Number 3 p115
Presents an abstract of the article `Meeting Financial Reporting Requirements of International Operations,' by Alan Reinstein and Gerald H. Lander.
- Word-processing: the new concept is time-sharing. // Banking;May77, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p102
Discusses the application of computer time-sharing in word processing. Company that specializes in word processing and offers time-sharing on a national basis; Advantages of time-sharing; Manner in which time-sharing works.