KAISHA WHY GROWTH, NOT PROFITS, DRIVES JAPAN INC
- The Market Impact of Mandatory Interactive Data: Evidence from Bank Regulatory XBRL Filings. Hao, Lizhong; Kohlbeck, Mark J. // Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting;2013, Vol. 10, p41
We investigate the market impact of banks filing regulatory reports using extensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) interactive data format. Specifically, we examine whether stock returns and trading volume exhibit abnormal behavior when banks are first required to file Call Reports in XBRL...
- Shock and Stress Testing: Analysis by Lenders. Kohl, David // Corn & Soybean Digest Exclusive Insight;5/14/2013, p4
The article looks at the stress tests banks and other lending institutions in the U.S. tend to conduct on the financial statements of their agricultural customers in 2013. It notes that lenders usually perform stress tests that gauge the cash flow and asset value changes of potential customers,...
- Countdown to HMDA. Cocheo, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;Mar2005, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p40
Deals with the 2004 report analysis filing of the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) by banks in the U.S. Discussion on HMDA reporting; Provisions added in the expansion on the HMDA reporting; Views of compliance officers on the report analysis; Concerns raised by bankers on the HMDA compilations.
- Securities Losses Hurt Midwest of Ill. Jackson, Ben // American Banker;7/30/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 146, p20
Reports that Midwest Banc Holdings Incorporated's second quarter earnings fell 59 percent in 2004 from the same quarter the previous year. Money the bank lost on securities transactions.
- Fisons educate the shareholder. // Accountancy;Jul1979, Vol. 90 Issue 1031, p25
The article focuses on the changing profile of the shareholder in Great Britain, as discussed in the chairman's statement to the accounts of Fisons for the year ended December 31, 1978. According to a survey, Fisons has 2,854 institutional shareholders and 25,300 private stockholders. Fisons'...
- Understanding Central Bank Balance Sheets. Nagel, Joachim // International Economy;Summer2012, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses the impact of the non-standard monetary policy measures introduced by Eurosystem on the central bank balance sheets. The author mentions that the measures aims to sustain financial intermediation in the euro zone, foster the credit flow to enterprises and households, and...
- Some banks beginning to raise dividends. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/6/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p21A
The article reports on the increasing dividends of some banks in Indianapolis, Indiana. It notes the efforts of financial institutions in increasing the payouts of their shareholders which gives them more confidence on the improvement of their earnings. It adds that shareholders seek for...
- 2006 Outlook for Asset/Liability Management. DeMasi, Jim // Community Banker;Dec2005, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p48
The article presents an outlook for the field of asset/liability management (ALM) in the U.S. in 2006. The article will also review the trends in ALM in 2005 and discuss strategies for balance sheet positioning in 2006. The trend of a flatter yield curve in 2005 created an obstacle for banks in...
- [for the record]. // North Western Financial Review;11/1/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 21, p25
Presents a calendar of events that lists federal reserve filings and state filings by banks and financial institutions in the U.S. from October to November 2005.