VENTURE CAPITAL AND HIGH TECH: THE AFFAIR HEATS UP
- Part Two: Market Potential: Technology Venture Capital. Loboyko, Serhiy // Doing Business with Ukraine;2005, p156
The article focuses on investor interest in the high technology sector in Ukraine. Venture capital and private equity in this sector started to emerge in 1990 and is still further developing. The sector is led by venture capital company TECHINVEST. The sector's development, at its current stage,...
- VC Investments in Israel Decreased during January' March 2009. // EmergingMarketsNOW;4/28/2009, p2
The article reports that there has been a 57 percent decline in venture capital (VC) investments from local and international investors in Israel during the first quarter of 2009. It informs that during the first quarter high-technology companies in Israel raised a total of USD 265 million from...
- VC firms target high-tech busts. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p21
Reports that many high technology companies that were initially funded at the top of the market in 1999 and 2000 are being recapitalized or restored with new business models, as U.S. venture capitalists select those with the most promising technology and the least risk.
- Venture investors loyal as tech stocks plummet. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;4/17/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p1
Informs that most venture capital investors are hanging on to their holdings as high tech stocks in the Nasdaq market drop. Internet stocks that hit new lows; Increased volatility of the Nasdaq possibly leading to cuts in allocations.
- Bearing fruit. Hamilton, Helen // Estates Gazette;3/9/2013 EG London Supplement, p22
The article discusses the British government's initiatives to support technology, media, and telecommunications (TMT) companies. It cites an acknowledgement from the Tech City Investment Organisation (TCIO) that the government was able to loosen visa restrictions and provide tax breaks for...
- Forever blowing bubbles? Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;10/2/2003, p30
Reports on changes in investor sentiments regarding the high technology and telecommunication industries. Concerns that stock price crashes will occur again as they did in March 2000; Risks and opportunities of leaving money untouched for five years in the two sectors; Reasons why fund managers...
- The clock at midnight. Stross, Randall E. // U.S. News & World Report;04/02/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 13, p42
Focuses on the technology sector. Impact of decreased stock prices on the stock market and the United States economy; Influence of non-professional investors on the stock market; Investing strategies of Warren Buffett and Peter Lynch.
- Venture capital interest in IT sector undiminished in H1 2006. // MarketWatch: Technology;Dec2006, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p9
The article reports on the $1 billion increase in ventutre capital investment in the information technology sector. Reports reveal about 602 investment deals in the sector and that the growth in investment is a clear indication that investors are willing to increase funding. Investments in the...
- Technology. // Crain's New York Business;7/7/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p44
New York's efforts to become a technology powerhouse faltered badly last year. Local technology companies had trouble raising money and keeping their stock prices afloat. While the pool of venture capital (VC) funding shrank all over the nation, local firms received even fewer of those...