IS THERE LIFE AFTER SPREADSHEETS?
- Desktop-mapping software moving into the mainstream. Moore, Mark // PC Week;5/16/94, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p41
Reports on the move of desktop-mapping software into larger applications like spreadsheets and desktop-publishing packages. Lotus Development Corp.'s plan to include a mapping engine into the upgrading of its 1-2-3 spreadsheet; Similar move from Microsoft Corp.; Need to visualize data stored in...
- Excel: Spreadsheet heaven or hell? Kay, Max // Accounting Today;2/27/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p18
Highlights the advantages and disadvantages of using electronic spreadsheets in companies in the U.S. Problems associated in using the spreadsheet, including the lack of attention being given on security, version control and documentation; Factors that contributed to the widespread use of Excel...
- BENCHMARKING FORECASTING SOFTWARE AND SYSTEMS. Jain, Chaman L. // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Fall2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p13
Discusses business forecasting software and systems. Difference between a forecasting software package and a forecasting system; Market share of different forecasting software; Market share of spreadsheet and forecasting software packages; Market share of different forecasting systems.
- Chapter 7: Useful items to include in the modeller's toolbox. Tennent, John; Friend, Graham // Guide to Business Modelling;2005, p40
Chapter 7 of the book "Guide to Business Modelling" is presented. It described useful items that are needed to include in the modeler's toolbox in constructing business models. It reviews different kinds of spreadsheet functions that are used in developing business models. It includes...
- Models: watch their figures. Bayfield, Natalie // Estates Gazette;1/24/2004, Issue 404, p97
Deals with solutions to reduce errors in electronic spreadsheet models used to assess the financial viability of development. Auditing software that can auto-test spreadsheets; Model development process that follow a set of guidelines; Discussion on group work.
- WHAT FUTURE FOR FUNCTIONALITY. Classe, Alisson // Accountancy;Sep94, Vol. 114 Issue 1213, p64
The article reports that spreadsheet vendors in Great Britain compete in improving the way spreadsheet interacts with its environment. Vendors are now competing by making the features of spreadsheets more accessible to those who do not have the time to sit down and read the manual. Spreadsheet...
- SPREADSHEET ERRORS, risks and techniques. Berglas, Dr Anthony; Hoare, Peter // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p46
Focuses on the role of spreadsheets in financial modeling and analysis. Guidelines to be followed to minimize errors in spreadsheets; Solution to the problem of understanding and validating spreadsheet models; Appropriate responses to spreadsheet error risks.
- tech bulletin. // Practical Accountant;Aug2004, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p18
The article presents information related to technological developments. Best Software Inc. has unveiled four initiatives concerning accountants. Best has expanded revenue opportunities for its Small Business Certified Consultants. QuickBooks maker Intuit Inc. has unveiled new features for its...
- Data Visualization: A Brief History. Brayton, Colin // Securities Industry News;6/27/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p7
Explains the brief history of data visualization tools being used by securities firms. Features of VisiCalc, the first computer spreadsheet; Information on haptic interface; Facts about the business models of Oculus.