THE JOB SEARCH: TACTICS FOR SUCCESS
- How Candidates Can Navigate A Buyer's Market. POMPEO, PAUL // Lighting Design & Application;Apr2009, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p38
The article offers advice to job seekers on how to compete for jobs in an employers' market. The first tip is to be flexible, in terms of salary compensation, or one's willingness to relocate. Next is not to speak disparagingly of the position that one is applying for. Third is to always...
- JOB SEARCH DIAGNOSTICS. // Tomorrow's Technician;Sep2013, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p6
The article presents tips on getting one's dream job. Topics discussed include suggestions to improve job search which include avoiding negative talk about former employers, producing a bad resume and saying too much in an interview. Also mentioned are focusing on how long and difficult a job...
- Top mistakes executive job searchers make. // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/12/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 28, p4
Presents lists of top mistakes that executive job searchers make in recruiting process. Identification of resumes that do not focus on results; Lack of networking; Preparation for the interview.
- Unleash the Ferrari Within. O'Neil, Tom // New Zealand Management;Mar2006, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p48
The article discusses the contents of the curriculum vitae (CV) of top executives applying for positions. A quality, senior level New Zealand-focused CV should be between two to four pages long and come with a well-written and focused cover letter. The job description for almost any position...
- Watch out! These people are looking for work! // HR Specialist: Texas Employment Law;Oct2010, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p5
The article looks at the desperate measures taken by applicants for their resumes to be distinguished by employers which include listing God as a reference, claiming to be a direct descendant of Vikings, and placing a picture of a cat on top of the resume.
- Newly Qualified? Now, focus on strategy to achieve your goals. Golden, Siobhan // Accountancy Ireland;Apr2010, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p76
The article offers tips on how chartered accountants achieve goals after they graduated in Ireland. The author mentions that they examine their options and decide which strategy to focus to achieve its goals amid stiff competition and economic crisis. She suggests that they choose a particular...
- JOB APPLICATION GUIDELINES. // Sweden Career Guide;2004, p64
Provides tips for job applicants in Sweden on making a rÃ©sumÃ©. Format of the rÃ©sumÃ© Language used; Example of a rÃ©sumÃ© that follows the Swedish model.
- Job Application Guidelines. // Brazil Career Guide;2011, p128
The article provides practical guidelines regarding job application in Brazil. It suggests that the jobseeker should avoid flashy fonts and unnecessary decoration, such as garish templates or designs in their rÃ©sumÃ©s. In addition, the email address must be professional and email addresses...
- JOB APPLICATION GUIDELINES. // Finland Career Guide;2005, p96
Offers some guidelines for filing job applications in Finland. Information that must be included in a rÃ©sumÃ©; Sample format of a rÃ©sumÃ©.