How to Finance Your Marketing Strategy
- Are Finance and Marketing Getting Closer? Marshall, Jeffrey // Financial Executive;Mar2007, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p46
The article discusses the correlation between marketing costs and the return on investment from marketing. Particular focus is given to a survey that was conducted by Marketing Management Analytics (MMA) and Financial Executive International (FEI), and sent to FEI members. Many of the financial...
- Pricing Club Fees Presents a Simple Question with a Complex Answer. Caro, Rick // Club Industry;Jul2010, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p22
The article discusses the aspect of pricing as one of the elements in marketing a club. It relates the importance of marketing for developing fundamental conclusions to serve as the basis for the new club's return-on-investment (ROI) and projected financial statements calculations. It suggests...
- Three ways to waste your marketing bucks. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/27/2013, Issue 324749, p26
The article discusses the three marketing strategies with minimal or no investment return and provides alternatives for each strategies.
- Its ROI, but not as you may know it. // Marketing Week;9/10/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p14
The article comments on the focus of some marketers on acquisition and retention over return on investment (ROI).
- From the Mouths of Babes. Viveiros, Beth Negus // Chief Marketer (Penton Media, Inc.);Oct/Nov2010, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p5
The author reflects on the importance of measuring a marketing strategy in terms of return on investment (ROI) after seeing a small plane flying with a banner to advertise a breakfast special every day and wondering whether it would be better if it were a lunch or a dinner special especially at...
- Why the big society can be big for business. Davies, Nick // Grocer;11/27/2010, Vol. 233 Issue 7983, p20
The author discusses the potential success of marketing activities at a local level, providing better return on investment than national campaigns.
- THE ROLE OF RISK IN EXPLAINING DIFFERENCES IN PROFITABILITY. AAKER, DAVID A.; JACOBSON, ROBERT // Academy of Management Journal;Jun87, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p277
This study examined the role of risk in explaining cross-sectional differences in the profitability of business units. Applying suggestions of financial theory, we disaggregated risk into two components--systematic and unsystematic--that are thought to have different effects on return. Drawing...
- Six year-end finance tips for business owners. ALMAZAN, RENE // Inside Tucson Business;12/11/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p8
The article offers six year-end financial management tips for business owners which include setting up goals, evaluating return on investments (ROI), and analyzing market pricing.
- Auditors' Responsibilities Formalized Under SAS 109. Bostick, Lisa N.; Luehlfing, Michael S. // CPA Journal;Feb2007, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p23
The article focuses on the Statement on Auditing Standard (SAS) 109, Understanding the Entity and Its Environment and Assessing the Risks of Material Misstatement in the U.S. SAS 109 specifies that auditors must perform certain risk assessment procedures and evaluate the susceptibility of...