The LBO: A Step-By-Step Approach
- Fever pitch. Gant, Joanna // Director;Nov98, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p87
Highlights trends in the management buy-out (MBO) industry in Great Britain. Decline of the buyout market; Effect of the closure of Europe's fledgling high-yield debt market on MBO activity; Reduction in the number of houses to whom managers of smaller businesses can turn for backing; Tendency...
- Executive summaries. Niden, Cathy M.; Mian, Shehzad; Rosenfeld, James; Gosnell, Thomas F.; Hudgins, Sylvia C.; MacDonald, John A.; Choi, Yoon K.; Pettway, Richard H.; Sicherman, Neil W.; Spiess, D. Katherine; Brick, Ivan E.; Palmon, Oded; Cowan, Arnold R.; Nayar, Nandkumar; Singh, Ajai K.; Long, Michael S.; Malitz, Ileen B.; Ravid, S. Abraham; Chauvin, Keith W.; Hirsehey, Mark // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Winter1993, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p6
The article presents summaries of various articles published in the periodical "Financial Management." The study "An Empirical Examination of White Knight Corporate Takeovers: Synergy and Overbidding," investigates corporate takeovers by "white knights," a friendly bidding firm actively sought...
- Value of buyouts and buy-ins rises. // Accountancy;Dec1992, Vol. 110 Issue 1192, p76
This article highlights the report UK Management Buyouts 1992, the annual review for The Centre for Management Buyout Research at the University of Nottingham in Great Britain. The total number of buyout and buy-in transactions in the first half of 1992 was virtually identical to that in the...
- Facing a business divorce? Dewitt, Ken // Commercial Carrier Journal;Nov2004, Vol. 161 Issue 11, p44
Deals with the complexity of the financial aspects of buyouts. Factors to consider in studying the feasibility of a buyout; Need to estimate the company's value in considering a buyout; Advantages of determining the method of financing.
- LBOs: Questions for the board. Bruner, Robert F. // Directors & Boards;2007 1st Quarter, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p16
The article relates the author's view on the growth of leveraged buyouts in public companies in the U.S. He stated that due to private equity investing and leveraged buyouts, cash flows, asset utilization and returns has increased. He offers several principles concerning the $360 billion...
- Healthcare LBOs Make a Comeback.12. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/12/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 15, p12
Reports on the increase in the number of healthcare services companies in the U.S. that are rushing to to private by entering into leveraged buyout deals. Benefits of going private for healthcare companies; Growing interest in hospital assets.
- A different drummer in a different decade. Rock, Robert H. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p5
Makes observations concerning the spate of takeovers of companies in the United States. Characteristics of current merger activity; Financial aspects; Data on merger and acquisition activity in the US during the first quarter of 1993; Impact of economic conditions on buyouts.
- Whetted interest. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p49
Discusses the various aspects of leveraged buyouts (LBOs) in the United States. LBO owners' preference for targeted straight sales; Increase in reverse LBOs in 1992; LBO targets; Acquisition of Underwriters Reinsurance Corp. by Allegheny Corp.
- Reverse LBOs: A place at the M&A table. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p50
Reports on the quick pace of reverse leveraged buyouts in the United States. Drawbacks faced by reverse LBOs; Most active acquirer among reverse LBOs; Number of deals completed by Lincare Holdings Inc.